Did Rowan SOM lose it's IM residency and its fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Strange

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't find a thing about the program. I was interested in applying to their cardiology fellowship particularly since they were DO-friendly.

Appreciate any insight -- I interviewed with them for residency a few years back. Not sure what happened...?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't find a thing about the program. I was interested in applying to their cardiology fellowship particularly since they were DO-friendly.

Appreciate any insight -- I interviewed with them for residency a few years back. Not sure what happened...?
Check virtua.org or the ACGME Accreditation Data System for the IM program. Accredited Jan 20 2023 under Virtua with a relationship to Rowan University. PD assigned 1/30/2023.... no current residents. No related Cardiology fellowship.

Or check Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital for IM and Cardiology.
Core Program [ 330465 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital
Internal Med [ 1403321227 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program
Cardiology [1413321240] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program

Check virtua.org or the ACGME Accreditation Data System for the IM program. Accredited Jan 20 2023 under Virtua with a relationship to Rowan University. PD assigned 1/30/2023.... no current residents. No related Cardiology fellowship.

Or check Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital for IM and Cardiology.
Core Program [ 330465 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital
Internal Med [ 1403321227 ] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program
Cardiology [1413321240] Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital Program

Ugh, sounds like the Cards Fellowship I am thinking of did in fact close down or at least got consolidated with the competitive Cooper Med School...

I think it merged with Cooper after the ACGME merger. A shame, because UMDNJ-SOM had great DO fellowships.

I think it merged with Cooper after the ACGME merger. A shame, because UMDNJ-SOM had great DO fellowships.

Real big bummer. I wonder if it merged or basically folded. Sounds like a net negative for DOs...

Reactions: 1 user