did anyone recycle med school ps for residency? how many words for ps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2007er

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
gotta work on eras...but i'm finding i don't really have any good ideas and my med school ps was pretty decent. also, how many words for ps? I think it's a page ss but wondering if there's a word limit.

Members don't see this ad.

Bad idea.

Did you talk about why you wanted to enter [insert specific residency] in your AMCAS essay?

I'm also assuming you have more experiences to share (during med school), no?

Blade28 said:
Bad idea.

Did you talk about why you wanted to enter [insert specific residency] in your AMCAS essay?

I'm also assuming you have more experiences to share (during med school), no?

just starting to work w/ it. u know how some ps may start off w/ a hook that involves little short story/paragraph about a particular experience (for me volunteering), that motivated them to enter med school? I figure i chould just change that around to my field of interest and then just finish off the rest of ps w/ new info. so it's more about reusing a paragraph or two.

That might be okay. Now, you'll hear lots of things about what a PS is for, but I think they're all a bit true.

1) To make your self stand out/sound interesting
2) To show your interest and skill in you specific specialty
3) To give the interviewer something to talk with you about.
4) To touch on things that you want people to know that won't show up in your application elsewhere.

Just keep that in mind.