Diabetic Supply Kits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananas85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 100 different companies and multiple different devices, test strips, lancets, etc. how do you guys keep it simple while ordering diabetic supply.

I will always write on instruction OK to switch brands to ones covered by patients insurance. It works sometimes sometimes it doesn't.

Any tips.

Members don't see this ad.

With 100 different companies and multiple different devices, test strips, lancets, etc. how do you guys keep it simple while ordering diabetic supply.

I will always write on instruction OK to switch brands to ones covered by patients insurance. It works sometimes sometimes it doesn't.

Any tips.
if the pt already has a glucometer then I write for that one and the supplies that go with it...if they are new, then i ask the nurses what the pt's insurance will cover and write for that...inpatient you can ask the case manager ...

Any tips.
"Defer to PCP/Endo for management of DM"

Boom!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On a more serious (and equally useless to you) note, retail pharmacists are the bane of my professional existence. Easily 50% of the calls my triage nurse takes every day are due to them either not doing their job at all, or doing it so poorly that it interferes with patient care.

Just assume that this will be part of your professional life and get a job where someone else is paid to deal with this bulls***.

Prescribed Lexapro to patient for GAD. PAtient goes to pick up the medication. Pharmacist tell patient this medication is for depression. 3 week f/u. So XYZ did you start the Lexapro is it helping you. No doc, the pharmacist told me it is for depression and I am not depressed. So I didn't take it. *facepalm*

Reactions: 1 user
Prescribed Lexapro to patient for GAD. PAtient goes to pick up the medication. Pharmacist tell patient this medication is for depression. 3 week f/u. So XYZ did you start the Lexapro is it helping you. No doc, the pharmacist told me it is for depression and I am not depressed. So I didn't take it. *facepalm*

There's really one big idiot in this story I can think of: the patient. They should have doublechecked with the DOCTOR and not taken the pharmacist's word for it, and called rather than sitting on their ass for 3 wks.