developing reasoning skills.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwtaylor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a senior in high school, and yesterday i took some practice lsat sections just to gauge my natural reasoning abilities, i didnt do too bad, but id love to improve it, because truth is..i rather enjoyed it, are there any ways to improve my reasoning abilities, like books? puzzle books? games? and have any of you noticed an increased ability in reasoning with preparation, or is it one of those, "you got it or you dont" things?

Members don't see this ad.

Practicing on old LSAT exams is about the most direct way you can do it, bud. Just keep crackin' on exam after exam, and your scores will improve. Most folks hit a ceiling at some point.

Taking classes where you have to write papers will also hoan your reasoning skills, as you're spending a lot of time carefully constructing arguments. I think logic is something you can make yourself more aware of with practice.

Your reading and reasoning skills will naturally improved from HS senior to college junior. Take challenging classes in a variety of disciplines, and your reasoning should increase tremendously.

If you know or are interested in computer programming at all, programming contests are an excellent way to sharpen your problem solving and reasoning skills. I can recommend some online resources for participating in progrmaming contests if you'd like.