Deteriorating social skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone else find it highly ironic that someone who is demonstrably by her words a fairly horrible person deigns t0 lecture others on how to be "social" or live "correctly" in society.

*insert philosoraptor meme here*

Do we do this because she's a girl? It seems to me feminism should be against horrible people regardless of gender.

The irony here would be kind of funny, if it wasn't so tragically sad.

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't speaking to you directly except to your rebuttal to anastomoses. And yea, I'm not very frustrated, I just think it's funny that the forum members are out crying on women abusing their privilege. I don't really care what you've gone through, I just reply in reference to the context of your posts. This is the internet.

Ah, but you replied to my post with arguments that didn't apply to my posts.

K, I'm not going to sort that out. I'll just cut and paste.

When did I say it was a competition? You made a statement that was not backed by any statistics or data, just on your personal experience. I demonstrated that statement is incompatible with any statistical data available.- There are 'stats' for everything, and you know it. In the end, unless the data is good, yes, I'm going to tend to rely on my own experience.

Yes. Like I said, it was a while ago (like 9 years since I graduated). I avoided the drama-rama mostly and hung out with people who didn't think violence was a solution to solving problems or disputes. - I don't think I've been to a single large college party where a guy hasn't been swatted.

I'm pretty sure that's what I just said. The US is better than the majority of the world in how women are treated, but women are still discriminated against in this country. The power dynamic still far favors men. I don't understand why that is "tripe". - The tripe:
I have seen how women in Middle East countries live firsthand. I am thankful to live in America where I don't have cover 95% of my body and I can get an education, drive a car, and my life is not forfeit to my husband.

Members don't see this ad :)
K, I'm not going to sort that out. I'll just cut and paste.

When did I say it was a competition? You made a statement that was not backed by any statistics or data, just on your personal experience. I demonstrated that statement is incompatible with any statistical data available.- There are 'stats' for everything, and you know it. In the end, unless the data is good, yes, I'm going to tend to rely on my own experience.

Yes. Like I said, it was a while ago (like 9 years since I graduated). I avoided the drama-rama mostly and hung out with people who didn't think violence was a solution to solving problems or disputes. - I don't think I've been to a single large college party where a guy hasn't been swatted.

I'm pretty sure that's what I just said. The US is better than the majority of the world in how women are treated, but women are still discriminated against in this country. The power dynamic still far favors men. I don't understand why that is "tripe". - The tripe:

"Unless the data is good" = unless the data equals what I think. Bad science and you know it. A national peer-reviewed survey done by a reputed, well funded scientific organization is more accurate than your own personal anecdotes and observations and you know it.

Restating what you think is tripe, doesn't explain why it is "tripe". I am pointing out that a large portion of this world still treats women as property.

That you somehow think the US is the reverse of this where men are more abused than women without any statistic proof or data to back you up besides your own personal anecdotes and experiences is tripe.

I hope you don't treat your patients in the same manner (i.e. relying on personal anecdotes instead of looking at scientific, peer-reviewed data)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Female on male violence is a no-win situation for the man.
If you do nothing or complain, people will belittle you for having been "beaten up by a girl".
If you respond in force, you'll be crucified no matter how justified your actions might have been.
Yeah, kinda like that rape stuff in 95% of the world. First the female gets raped; then even reporting it is shaming/devalues you + emasculates your father and brothers. Feels bad, right?

I hope you still filed a report. She shouldn't get away with doing such things.

I just think it's funny that the forum members are out crying on women abusing their privilege.
That's the part that always drives me bonkers. They don't talk about solutions or trials of humanity (which is the only sensible argument they really could offer) but instead try to point a finger suggesting "abuse of privilege" they are enduring trumphs all things.

@Brain Bucket - I almost can't believe the nonsense you posted about France or Italy. In Italy, you can find some of the most chauvinistic dogs known to man. Whistling, disgusting references to a girl's body parts, gross sneers and heckling are endured almost daily once a female reaches 12. I'm so glad I only had to spend summers in places with that garbage and not my whole life. Oh, and as an interesting tie-in...when I was 14 a (not bad looking/late teens/twenty) guy made some verbal overture; in my usual disdain I replied with something degrading/mean. He almost hit me if his friends hadn't stopped him. Talk about being freaked out and having to rethink to what level you can respond to pieces of poop like that. As for dirty leery old men...yeah, I think we get what you think the female response should be. Pass. How about you get your dirty old men in line instead of asking us to act flattered?

1397347911748.jpg

Can you please clarify what the means? I honestly don't understand it.
Sure, I was saying that the inequities we continue to see between the genders don't seem to bother a lot of you on here except when it looks like there is some kind of "female privilege" that you don't share. Like...this amazing advantage of "not being hit" when other males are around to stop a guy. Or @solitarius example that he perceives a lot of men being publicly henpecked. So what you quoted is another fragment of that picture - I would like both henpecking to be reduced and reduction of social encouragement of girls to be sexual baubles with no discernment for what they actually want. Is that helpful?

@Brain Bucket As for dirty leery old men...yeah, I think we get what you think the female response should be. Pass. How about you get your dirty old men in line instead of asking us to act flattered?

I think the response should be a smile or a 'thank you'. Every time an older woman has complemented me, I've felt nothing other than good about myself, and responded accordingly.

Why do old men who appreciate beauty become dirty or leery?

The point being made about the countries was that after the middle east / southeast asia, america isn't far behind when it comes to being jumpy about sex.

Last edited:
Reported for cyberstalking behavior. You can't follow me around on SDN just because you didn't like something in a different forum.

This is a public and open forum. I post all over it, like you can, and I can post in here, especially if I think some commentary about your horrible behavior is very ironic given that you would like to lecture others on how to behave is warranted.

Don't want people to call you bad behavior? Act better. It's really that easy.

I don't know how to respond to that. Every time an older woman has complemented me, I've felt nothing other than good about myself, and responded accordingly.

The point being made about the countries was that after the middle east / southeast asia, america isn't far behind when it comes to being jumpy about sex.
Maybe it's the disgusting pervy glint in their eye? Maybe the older women do it with tact and it doesn't feel like she's trying to squirt all over your face? I dunno. My parents have a friend who always says nice things about my looks when I meet him. He does it tastefully and even so I feel awkward (probably because of the rampant amount of unpaternal types you run across). You might take a minute to consider as genders we're having very different social experiences with the opposite sex. And it doesn't even mean it's the majority of men...but it's enough that we're all exposed to it.

I have a male friend who has expressed what you have...that for him whether it's an older female or fat male or whoever - he still feels flattered if someone thinks he is hot. I suppose there's perhaps a security that most men enjoy which doesn't make them feel violated, but rather amused?

I don't know how to respond to that. Every time an older woman has complemented me, I've felt nothing other than good about myself, and responded accordingly.

Because my body is not on display. When I walk down the street I don't want to be harassed, but I am. You may not understand how much of a violation it is because you haven't been exposed to it as much as women have, and you don't have to deal with the fear. It's not a compliment when a random man cat calls me. It's disgusting and scary.

I remember the first time it happened to me. I was about 13 and a truck pulled over next to me and a friend. The men instead said some things that are not appropriate to write here and told us to get in. We flipped them off and ran as far away as we could.

It's not appreciating beauty. I'm a person not a painting and I didn't ask to be put on display. The fact that people think my mere existence in a public space gives them the right to tell me that I'm fukable is perverse.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe it's the disgusting pervy glint in their eye? Maybe the older women do it with tact and it doesn't feel like she's trying to squirt all over your face? I dunno. My parents have a friend who always says nice things about my looks when I meet him. He does it tastefully and even so I feel awkward (probably because of the rampant amount of unpaternal types you run across). You might take a minute to consider as genders we're having very different social experiences with the opposite sex. And it doesn't even mean it's the majority of men...but it's enough that we're all exposed to it.

I have a male friend who has expressed what you have...that for him whether it's an older female or fat male or whoever - he still feels flattered if someone thinks he is hot. I suppose there's perhaps a security that most men enjoy which doesn't make them feel violated, but rather amused?
bad-santa-tightass-o.gif

Because my body is not on display. When I walk down the street I don't want to be harassed, but I am. You may not understand how much of a violation it is because you haven't been exposed to it as much as women have, and you don't have to deal with the fear. It's not a compliment when a random man cat calls me. It's disgusting and scary.

I remember the first time it happened to me. I was about 13 and a truck pulled over next to me and a friend. The men instead said some things that are not appropriate to write here and told us to get in. We flipped them off and ran as far away as we could.

It's not appreciating beauty. I'm a person not a painting and I didn't ask to be put on display. The fact that people think my mere existence in a public space gives them the right to tell me that I'm fukable is perverse.

I'm talking about beauty and compliments, whereas you're talking about crass advances and harassment.

This is going nowhere.

I'm out.

I'm talking about beauty and compliments, whereas you're talking about crass advances and harassment.

There is NO difference you fool. Some guy saying nice arse on the street is harassment. That's not a compliment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some guy saying nice arse on the street is harassment.
Agreed. It seems that you've never been paid a compliment, since you clearly don't know what one is.

Like I said, I'm done with this.

Every thread could be made better with a Friday quote

Not going to enter the pissing contest of who has it worse (women do), but I think it's important to remember there are real issues for men too.

Homelessness, suicide, imprisonment, violence, etc. all seem to be issues that disproportionately effect men.

I also think it's important to consider (not to accept as fact, but to consider) the idea that when you talk about crimes committed by men, you are actually often talking about convictions, not crimes. As in, a man is x% more likely to be convicted of a violent crime. While it is possibly attributable to men committing more of the crimes (or being intrinsically "more violent"), it is also possible that they are simply caught, suspected, and sentenced more often than women.

Having said that, I think it is reasonable to hope our justice system is better than the numbers disparity would suggest is possible (as in, men do commit more crimes). However, in the case of domestic abuse, there is some data to suggest men suffer from it in similar numbers to women. However, there are less resources available for male victims by comparison to female victims. Here's a guardian article discussing it.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

Workplace accidents are one issue which disproportionately affect men: according to page 8 on this beaureu of labor statistics report, >90% of workplace fatalities are suffered by men.

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0006.pdf

Now, is it possible that men just take riskier jobs and engage in riskier behavior than women? Yes. However, it is important to ask why men tolerate such conditions. We shouldn't assume that men are intrinsically more likely to do these things. It is entirely possible that other unspoken pressures, like cultural and social expectations for men to be "courageous" can cause them to keep silent on issues of personal suffering and safety.

My purpose isn't to say women don't suffer serious discrimination, or that they don't have significant obstacles which men do not. I know that women do have to face these things. However, it isn't as though there aren't numerous ****ed up ways our society looks at men as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Not going to enter the pissing contest of who has it worse (women do), but I think it's important to remember there are real issues for men too.

Homelessness, suicide, imprisonment, violence, etc. all seem to be issues that disproportionately effect men.

I also think it's important to consider (not to accept as fact, but to consider) the idea that when you talk about crimes committed by men, you are actually often talking about convictions, not crimes. As in, a man is x% more likely to be convicted of a violent crime. While it is possibly attributable to men committing more of the crimes (or being intrinsically "more violent"), it is also possible that they are simply caught, suspected, and sentenced more often than women.

Having said that, I think it is reasonable to hope our justice system is better than the numbers disparity would suggest is possible (as in, men do commit more crimes). However, in the case of domestic abuse, there is some data to suggest men suffer from it in similar numbers to women. However, there are less resources available for male victims by comparison to female victims. Here's a guardian article discussing it.

Workplace accidents are one issue which disproportionately affect men: according to page 8 on this beaureu of labor statistics report, >90% of workplace fatalities are suffered by men.

Now, is it possible that men just take riskier jobs and engage in riskier behavior than women? Yes. However, it is important to ask why men tolerate such conditions. We shouldn't assume that men are intrinsically more likely to do these things. It is entirely possible that other unspoken pressures, like cultural and social expectations for men to be "courageous" can cause them to keep silent on issues of personal suffering and safety.

My purpose isn't to say women don't suffer serious discrimination, or that they don't have significant obstacles which men do not. I know that women do have to face these things. However, it isn't as though there aren't numerous ****** up ways our society looks at men as well.
If I had to give a gold star for a post that introduces realities of discrimination against males, this would be it. 100% agree on almost everything you point out. I would like to believe the majority of feminists (the term doesn't give due justice to the endgoal) are sensible and would give importance to these concerns as well. Homelessness and imprisonment are two that catch my attention, along with psychological pressure to live up to "masculinity"; It should not be that because someone is male, he will get the last of the food at a soup kitchen or blankets are disproportionately given to women (a story I once read about).

Great points about real issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If I had to give a gold star for a post that introduces realities of discrimination against males, this would be it. 100% agree on almost everything you point out. I would like to believe the majority of feminists (the term doesn't due justice to the endgoal) are sensible and would give importance to these concerns as well. Homelessness and imprisonment are two that catch my attention, along with psychological pressure to live up to "masculinity"; It should not be that because someone is male, he will get the last of the food at a soup kitchen or blankets are disproportionately given to women (a story I once read about).

Great points about real issues.

Cringing a bit as I re-read it. I really overuse parenthetical statements and the word "however." Glad someone could still make it through the terrible writing.

My purpose isn't to say women don't suffer serious discrimination, or that they don't have significant obstacles which men do not. I know that women do have to face these things. However, it isn't as though there aren't numerous ****** up ways our society looks at men as well.

Agree with all of this. This is a great example of how gendered expectations can be extremely harmful to men as well as women. Idk if I mentioned this here or in another thread but my feminist utopia would be a world without restrictions based off of gender. I think that's what a lot of this is. The pressure to be a man, to suck it up, to not show emotion or accept help. All of these things can be toxic to men.

Something else that you kind of touched on is how many men (I'm too lazy to look up stats right now sorry) refuse to get help psychologically and physically. This should be a concern to all people in the healthcare field imo.

Just a class A post all around.

Agree with all of this. This is a great example of how gendered expectations can be extremely harmful to men as well as women. Idk if I mentioned this here or in another thread but my feminist utopia would be a world without restrictions based off of gender. I think that's what a lot of this is. The pressure to be a man, to suck it up, to not show emotion or accept help. All of these things can be toxic to men.

Something else that you kind of touched on is how many men (I'm too lazy to look up stats right now sorry) refuse to get help psychologically and physically. This should be a concern to all people in the healthcare field imo.

Just a class A post all around.

thanks touchpause for understanding

everyone has some advantages and disadvantages

we need to recognize our advantages so we don't exploit them at the expense of others and fight to fix our disadvantages

using society's belief that men should never hit women to be violent toward men and then belittling them when they point it out is not productive. there is no need to rationalize it by saying that women do less damage or that women have it worse or shame men for speaking about their problems by calling it "crying."

Last edited:
1397347911748.jpg

Can you please clarify what the means? I honestly don't understand it.

she is upset that a women is with a man that Anastomoses doesn't approve of

no one is putting a gun to these women's heads and forcing them to be with guys like that

aren't women free to choose a partner based on any criteria not just on looks?

no one is putting a gun to these women's heads and forcing them to be with guys like that

aren't women free to choose a partner based on any criteria not just on looks?
1. I can totally believe that you're dumb enough to think women aren't harassed with degrading images since childhood; that they aren't subjected to magazines which consistently make males the focus of all their value. If that's not a metaphorical gun to the head...

2. And interesting that you and your weightlifting buddy have no problem understanding the henpecked male example...you know, since he's got a gun to his head, right?

everyone has some advantages and disadvantages

we need to recognize our advantages so we don't exploit them at the expense of others and fight to fix our disadvantages

using society's belief that men should never hit women to be violent toward men and then belittling them when they point it out is not productive. there is no need to rationalize it by saying that women do less damage or that women have it worse or shame men for speaking about their problems by calling it "crying."
Nope, you don't get to try to align your so-called "disadvantages" of women groping you with mine. You're one of those typical raunchy disempowered PUA types who consistently tries to highlight any situation in which you perceive a male getting stiffed. I've watched you at it.

You actually stay till the morning? :eek:
haha

watching a girl do the walk of shame makes it worth it
Remember this beauty of yours? I do. Class act all the way.

1. I can totally believe that you're dumb enough to think women aren't harassed with degrading images since childhood; that they aren't subjected to magazines which consistently make males the focus of all their value. If that's not a metaphorical gun to the head...

2. And interesting that you and your weightlifting buddy have no problem understanding the henpecked male example...you know, since he's got a gun to his head, right?

i believe women are intelligent enough to be able to make their own decisions. women aren't sheep who are easily swayed by propaganda. they actually become aware of social cues and body language before men.

changing media to reflect your views on society just subjects them to a different kind of brainwashing. it doesn't make them more free.

i don't understand your second point.

You know what I find sad and absolutely revolting? When I am at a restaurant or grocery line and see attractive women with their nails done standing/sitting next to something that looks like it should have been aborted in the privacy of a clinic years before she was born.

What part of double standard do you not understand? You think I want women to have more luxuries, happiness, or power than men? I don't. How would that help the next generation of individuals if one group has all the power/privilege merely based on their genitalia and muscle mass/fat %? You think I don't realize that if I have a male child one day I will want every advantage for him? That's where you and I are different. I don't want women to henpeck because it's lame for both parties. And I don't want beautiful women to suffer ugly or old or fat men because hey...it's just not a fun thing to do. You wanna pretend men are not disproportionately advantaged currently? go ahead.

Hey come on, being a woman sounds like a blast. Free drinks, free entry to clubs, and you get to swish your hair around when you're bored.

To your point, I don't think all women are as obsessed with looks as you are.

I think the response should be a smile or a 'thank you'. Every time an older woman has complemented me, I've felt nothing other than good about myself, and responded accordingly.

Alright, I was the one that was calling out touchpause and anastamoses in the first place, but lets be real old men (really, men of all ages) can be creepy as hell with what they say. RARELY are women running away from a "you look beautiful" or something.

That said, those magazines are a societal issue but a "metaphorical gun" is extremely weak. Every race/gender has media stereotypes being flung at them; what about black men and sports/oversexed; asian men with the small penis/nerd stereotypes. Women should have enough willpower to ignore media pressures like everyone else.

Hey come on, being a woman sounds like a blast. Free drinks, free entry to clubs, and you get to swish your hair around when you're bored.

To your point, I don't think all women are as obsessed with looks as you are.
Weird...why are so many putting on make-up n stuff? Boob jobs? Nose jobs? Lightening creams (for those familiar with Indian/Pakistani culture) Botox? Oh wait...those must be men who are obsessed with looks.

You are really mocking women with that description and somehow you don't know it. Regardless, I don't take offense because I don't think you intend malice - so I'm not gonna start making silly Bollywood references as to what your life experience must be like. I don't remember swishing my hair ever. Free drinks? Sorry, 90% don't usually come attached to a guy you want them from. But when they do...that's awesome! No toots, we're not getting some kind of amazing deal.

I'm too exhausted to type out all your benefits.

Alright, I was the one that was calling out touchpause and anastamoses in the first place, but lets be real old men (really, men of all ages) can be creepy as hell with what they say. RARELY are women running away from a "you look beautiful" or something.

That said, those magazines are a societal issue but a "metaphorical gun" is extremely weak. Every race/gender has media stereotypes being flung at them; what about black men and sports/oversexed; asian men with the small penis/nerd stereotypes. Women should have enough willpower to ignore media pressures like everyone else.
Thank you thank you for acknowledging the creepies.

I'm going to admit something right now that probably should be left unsaid...stupid weak-willed women annoy the **** out of me possibly even more than the predators (which is unfair). At least the predators have a clear self-possessed angle. When Bill Mahr (whose views I love on almost everything except women) expresses this aspect of womenkind I get both frustrated and resigned. I think emotional/romantic education should be taught at a high school level.

Weird...why are so many putting on make-up n stuff? Boob jobs? Nose jobs? Lightening creams (for those familiar with Indian/Pakistani culture) Botox? Oh wait...those must be men who are obsessed with looks.

You are really mocking women with that description and somehow you don't know it. Regardless, I don't take offense because I don't think you intend malice - so I'm not gonna start making silly Bollywood references as to what your life experience must be like. I don't remember swishing my hair ever. Free drinks? Sorry, 90% don't usually come attached to a guy you want them from. But when they do...that's awesome! No toots, we're not getting some kind of amazing deal.

I'm too exhausted to type out all your benefits.

that is because you are comparing women to successful men

of course a woman's life is gonna suck if you compare it to top men. it's not so bad being a woman if you compare it to the least successful men.

i'd rather be myself than a woman, but i'd rather be a woman than ArkAngeloid (no offense).

Hey come on, being a woman sounds like a blast. Free drinks, free entry to clubs, and you get to swish your hair around when you're bored. To your point, I don't think all women are as obsessed with looks as you are.
Pretty sure women have a lot more stress than that, esp. in the medical profession, that men don't have to worry about.

that is because you are comparing women to successful men

of course a woman's life is gonna suck if you compare it to top men. it's not so bad being a woman if you compare it to the least successful men.

i'd rather be myself than a woman, but i'd rather be a woman than ArkAngeloid (no offense).
wow. the layers of...just wow. I almost clicked Like on your post just because of how hilarious this is.

Would you indulge in describing what it's like to be the ugly fat acne-faced self-hating female Arkangeloid (also no offense - I think most of your inferiority is actually in your own mind)? Would you rather be her than Arkangeloid or...you think she's got it good?

You know what irks me? That pretty girls definitely have it well compared to most guys...but guess what? Looks fade. And you know that just as well as I do. And we're talking top 20% of girls...not the average girl. The average girl can get laid easy but doesn't have like...hordes of guys lining up to roll out the carpet for fancy sushi dinners. I know girls who absolutely hate themselves deep down because they just weren't born pretty enough, despite having everything else. And yet boys? Oh...you know, apparently their value and success in life is in their control. To be handsome is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: 2 users
wow. the layers of...just wow. I almost clicked Like on your post just because of how hilarious this is.

Would you indulge in describing what it's like to be the ugly fat acne-faced self-hating female Arkangeloid (also no offense - I think most of your inferiority is actually in your own mind)? Would you rather be her than Arkangeloid or...you think she's got it good?

You know what irks me? That pretty girls definitely have it well compared to most guys...but guess what? Looks fade. And you know that just as well as I do. And we're talking top 20% of girls...not the average girl. The average girl can get laid easy but doesn't have like...hordes of guys lining up to roll out the carpet for fancy sushi dinners. I know girls who absolutely hate themselves deep down because they just weren't born pretty enough, despite having everything else. And yet boys? Oh...you know, apparently their value and success in life is in their control. To be handsome is just icing on the cake.

i laugh when my bitter friends complain that the average woman could get laid easy. sure she could get 100 guys, but she doesn't want any of them. the guys she does want won't look at her. so she is just as FA as my friends.

I'm just gonna pop in here to leave this - I thought moving on up from pre-allo to allo would be a privilege...

Last edited:

No, I mean obsessed with a man's looks.

I'd rather be an ugly guy than a hot girl. Why? Freedom. A hot girl has big shoes to fill and a timeline to fill it. As a guy, I can pretty much do my job, crive my 1970's Ford pickup truck home while sippin' on a corona light, then if I so choose, sit on my lounge chair and stew in my own filth for the night. Rinse and repeat. None of this anxiety regarding "is my waistline getting bigger? When should I have my first baby? Will it be too late by the time I finish med school? Should I freeze my eggs? Which heels should I wear tonight that balances chic-ness and comfort? Which eye-shadow should I wear? I hope I meet the right guy by the end of this year... I also hope my friends don't abandon me tonight if I get too hammered. Did I remember to pack my pepper spray? Etc. etc. etc."

Holy S&*T, kill me.

I'd rather be an ugly guy than a hot girl. Why? Freedom. A hot girl has big shoes to fill and a timeline to fill it. As a guy, I can pretty much do my job, crive my 1970's Ford pickup truck home while sippin' on a corona light, then if I so choose, sit on my lounge chair and stew in my own filth for the night. Rinse and repeat. None of this anxiety regarding "is my waistline getting bigger? When should I have my first baby? Will it be too late by the time I finish med school? Should I freeze my eggs? Which heels should I wear tonight that balances chic-ness and comfort? Which eye-shadow should I wear? I hope I meet the right guy by the end of this year... I also hope my friends don't abandon me tonight if I get too hammered. Did I remember to pack my pepper spray? Etc. etc. etc."

Holy S&*T, kill me.
I'm half fascinated by this analysis. Except I still wouldn't wanna be that guy - as a girl, you can still give up, do a Kirstie Alley and be that guy. In fact, the only real difference is that we get brainwashed into believing these things are of dire importance. Ironically, surveys suggest the prettier the girl - the more insecure/sensitive.
No, I mean obsessed with a man's looks.
I knew exactly what you meant...I hope you gleaned what I was pointing out to you.

I'm half fascinated by this analysis. Except I still wouldn't wanna be that guy - as a girl, you can still give up, do a Kirstie Alley and be that guy. In fact, the only real difference is that we get brainwashed into believing these things are of dire importance. Ironically, surveys suggest the prettier the girl - the more insecure/sensitive.
I knew exactly what you meant...I hope you gleaned what I was pointing out to you.

But you can't give up. If you don't breed, how are you supposed to pass on your genes? I don't understand...

I'm half fascinated by this analysis. Except I still wouldn't wanna be that guy - as a girl, you can still give up, do a Kirstie Alley and be that guy. In fact, the only real difference is that we get brainwashed into believing these things are of dire importance.

That's the difference. Not only do YOU get brainwashed, everyone else does too, and it's them who will dish up the vitriol if you ever decide to pull a Kirstie Alley. If you're a guy, you can be Seth Rogen and everybody loves you even more.

But you can't give up. If you don't breed, how are you supposed to pass on your genes? I don't understand...

What I don't understand is your preoccupation with passing on genes. Just exactly what is so important about that?

Don't worry Arkangeloid. I have this compelling masculine urge to see my genes propagated. I plan to dupe someone high value into impregnating me and then throw in the towel, grow fat on eclairs, mille feuille, soap operas and bon bons.

I'm only in med school because of how fun it is.

Reactions: 3 users
What I don't understand is your preoccupation with passing on genes. Just exactly what is so important about that?

Look, I don't make the rules man, I just play the game. If we don't pass on our genes, then evolution will write us out of history. :(

On that note, I was talking to an older girl today who hopes to enter a surgical subspecialty. She said that people had cautioned her away from it, because she may be too old for marriage and children by the time residency is over, and the field isn't very conducive to having a family.

I feel kinda bad for her. I mean, I don't think much of surgical subspecialties, but it's her dream, and nothing should get in the way of that. I guess this is one time where it is good to be a man and not have to worry about such things.

On that note, I was talking to an older girl today who hopes to enter a surgical subspecialty. She said that people had cautioned her away from it, because she may be too old for marriage and children by the time residency is over, and the field isn't very conducive to having a family.

I feel kinda bad for her. I mean, I don't think much of surgical subspecialties, but it's her dream, and nothing should get in the way of that. I guess this is one time where it is good to be a man and not have to worry about such things.
We'll see how much that dream holds when she's done with MS-3 surgery.

I'm sure whatever atoms I've decomposed to will be going, "Oh, darn!"

Nah, the atoms will be quite happy. Finally free of those uppity amide bonds and what-not. Much happier getting to travel the world as urea or whatever they end up as.

Look, I don't make the rules man, I just play the game. If we don't pass on our genes, then evolution will write us out of history. :(

I don't know how to phrase this without seeming like an dingus, but I am really just curious and not trying to be mean with this question: Do you think your genes should be propagated to the next generation?

I don't know how to phrase this without seeming like an dingus, but I am really just curious and not trying to be mean with this question: Do you think your genes should be propagated to the next generation?
1400129290106.jpg