General Admissions & OTCAS Deposit Costs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AGOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity-
What is the average deposit cost? PhilaU is requesting $1,000- which I think is insanely high (although I will be paying it). Is this similar to what most schools are charging? I remember undergrad being between $300-$500 depending on the school. $1,000 surprised me.

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity-
What is the average deposit cost? PhilaU is requesting $1,000- which I think is insanely high (although I will be paying it). Is this similar to what most schools are charging? I remember undergrad being between $300-$500 depending on the school. $1,000 surprised me.

Last year my deposit was also $1000 for my first choice. Other schools I applied to varied anywhere from $250-$800.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was $350. 1000 is insanely high! I understand that you have to do it but it does suck to be in that position (if you don't end up choosing that school)!

UNE's deposit is also $1,000 and it thankfully goes toward s your tuition but if you forfeit your seat, I believe you forfeit all of it. Maybe you get half back? Not sure.

UNE's deposit is also $1,000 and it thankfully goes toward s your tuition but if you forfeit your seat, I believe you forfeit all of it. Maybe you get half back? Not sure.

The deposits go toward your tuition unless you forfeit your seat then it is nonrefundable.

Mine was $500-- $1,000 seems really really high.

Damn a lot of those are expensive! It was $200 for Salem St. and $200 for Springfield College.