General Admissions & OTCAS Average application cost?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msuotwannabe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who has applied give me a rough estimate of what you paid per school? Trying to get an idea of what amount of money I should expect to lose next fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! My first application on OTCAS was $145, every subsequent application was $60. Some programs may have an additional application fee through their own program (i.e. West Coast U had one for $75 in addition to OTCAS).

The GRE is a couple hundred bucks, if you still need to take that. If you are going to have to travel for interviews, consider the cost of airfare and hotels. I would budget at least $1000 for the entire application process. I think the average per school was a little over 100 when factoring in OTCAS and additional applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent a total of $830 applying to 5 schools ($27 per school to send GRE scores, $20 per school to send transcripts, and then an average of $130 per school for application fees).

I had three OTCAS schools ($145 + $60 + $60) plus additional fees of $45-75 for two of the schools. I got interviews at all three, but accepted/was only interested in two; one driving and one flying. With hotel/Airbnb, tickets, gas, one GRE, OTCAS application fee, etc., for me it added up to about $1000.

I applied to 4, spent $145 for the first and $60 for the other 3. I also paid $27 to send my GRE to Pitt as they did not receive for some reason. Overall, spent about $352.