All Branch Topic (ABT) Dentist spouse licensure while OCONNUS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ducloux

Reaction score
Does any body have any experience with their spouse, who is also a dentist, maintaining/obtaining licensure while you're stationed OCONNUS?

When returning to the US will she have difficulty renewing her licensure here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I know of three spouses who were dentists. One stayed home. Other two were working as Red Cross volunteers and did dentistry for free on base to maintain licensure and skill part time. I also met someone who was hired as a contractor at the overseas clinic. But that was years ago. I’d contact your sponsor if you have one and ask...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of three spouses who were dentists. One stayed home. Other two were working as Red Cross volunteers and did dentistry for free on base to maintain licensure and skill part time. I also met someone who was hired as a contractor at the overseas clinic. But that was years ago. I’d contact your sponsor if you have one and ask...

Thank you.

Sponsor?? What is this? Could you elaborate?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you get your assignment overseas and receive orders (official document that assigns your next duty station), you will be assigned a sponsor who will get act as a guide/liaison so you can have an easy transition overseas at that duty station. Usually, they will even pick u up at the airport etc. They should have some idea on Red Cross volunteer dentists or available dentist contractor position if the command has one. Again, it’s been a while for me though...maybe an active duty guy can chime in.

When you get your assignment overseas and receive orders (official document that assigns your next duty station), you will be assigned a sponsor who will get act as a guide/liaison so you can have an easy transition overseas at that duty station. Usually, they will even pick u up at the airport etc. They should have some idea on Red Cross volunteer dentists or available dentist contractor position if the command has one. Again, it’s been a while for me though...maybe an active duty guy can chime in.

Thank you