deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutejeans

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Imo, you need more volume as a reapplicant from CA. You have plenty of time to write quality secondaries for 40+ schools.

I would remove the following (unless they are the ones that interviewed you initially and got WLed.). They are just very high ranked and are taking the place of quality matches. You can give it a shot, but apply to these in addition to expanded school list.

-Vanderbilt
-Cornell
-Case
-Feinberg
-Chicago
-Pitt

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
We did tell you that your clinical hours were going to be a problem but hopefully you will have more to say from your clinical experiences in everything you need to write and talk about in your re/application. Of course we hope one of those waitlist spots turns in your favor.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Mr.Smile12 Thank you, and I definitely appreciated that advice! It was a much needed wake-up call for me

@voxveritatisetlucis I think you make a good point, but I was honestly hoping to narrow down my list this year. I wholeheartedly agree with removing reach schools if it seems like a waste of money to try. If you don't mind, which other schools would you consider better "quality matches"?

Einstein, Hofstra, USF.

Ohio State and Cincinnati maybe too. You already tried Ohio State once though, but it probably was your lack of clinical experience that hindered you.

What was your non-clinical volunteering like? You mentioned it was high, but didn’t include approximate hours or what you did. That could determine if Loyola and Rush would still be worth applying to.

Brown
Stony brook
Albany
NYMC
Creighton
Penn State
Jefferson

(I will add to this as more come to my head)

@voxveritatisetlucis Thank you so much! I'll do some research on those schools

@chilly_md Thank you! Trying not to reveal too much, but I believe my work & activities demonstrate a strong commitment to a specific underserved group. What would you say is the recommended amount of hours they would expect?

@voxveritatisetlucis Thank you so much! I'll do some research on those schools

@chilly_md Thank you! Trying not to reveal too much, but I believe my work & activities demonstrate a strong commitment to a specific underserved group. What would you say is the recommended amount of hours they would expect?
Rush I would say 800-1000. >300-400 is fine for Creighton and SLU as they are Jesuit schools. Drexel might not consider you since your stats are much higher than their median accepted. Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin might do something similar. Wayne State and VCU might be options instead. Mayo is worth a shot since I see you were ok with Minnesota as a location in your first app. Miami has a long secondary but you may already have similar prompts at other schools, so that’s worth an application.

Last edited:
Rush I would say 800-1000. >300-400 is fine for Creighton and SLU as they are Jesuit schools. Drexel might not consider you since your stats are much higher than their median accepted. Quinnipiac and Rosalind Franklin might do something similar. Wayne State and VCU might be options instead. Mayo is worth a shot since I see you were ok with Minnesota as a location in your first app. Miami has a long secondary but you may already have similar prompts at other schools, so that’s worth an application.
Wow this is super helpful, thank you so much!