~Deleted~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G245

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have several state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your MCAT of 505 and no connection to the state. I suggest these schools from your list:
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Robert Larner, M.D., College of Medicine at the University of Vermont
Loyola
Albany Medical College
Temple
Tulane
Seton Hall (Hackensack Meridian)
You could add any of these schools:
Toledo
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Also apply to several DO schools and I suggest these:
MSU-COM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM
PCOM
Touro-NY

You’ll get more help once you have your second score.

Regardless of your score, you should include all MI schools so add CMU, U of M, and WMed. Also consider MSUCOM since you’re in state. You might also consider MCW and RFU since you’re in their region.

The OOS public schools are probably donations with your current MCAT. I’ll let others help with DO list, I’m not familiar with as familiar with those schools.
Thank you for the help and suggestions! I knew it would be a waiting game until the new score, but that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
You have several state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your MCAT of 505 and no connection to the state. I suggest these schools from your list:
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Loyola
Albany Medical College
Temple
Tulane
You could add any of these schools:
Toledo
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Also apply to several DO schools and I suggest these:
MSU-COM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM
PCOM
Touro-NY
Thank you for the help and suggestions! I updated my list, adding and removing some schools, and wanted to see if there was any more advice. I was hoping to add a few more schools.

List:
State Schools
University of Utah School of Medicine (Have connection)
Albany Medical College
Temple
Tulane
Drexel
Toledo
Creighton
New York Medical College (NYMC)
Quinnipiac (Netter)
Rosalind Franklin
Plus DO

I was wondering about:
NOVA MD has a 10% MCAT score of 510; should I hold off until I receive my second score for this?
Georgetown University School of Medicine someone said they screen for below 125 subsections on SDN. Is that true?

Lastly, does anyone have a resource that lists the mostly friendly OOS medical schools? I am making a draft of potentials schools based on hypothetical MCAT scores to add more when my new score is released. Thank you in advance.

What is your connection to Utah that you would apply there ?
I will be living there come shortly (few weeks) with the intent to stay there for close to a year. Would that be strong enough or dismissed due to how recent that is?

I will be living there come shortly (few weeks) with the intent to stay there for close to a year. Would that be strong enough or dismissed due to how recent that is?
That will not be a connection for the purpose of medical school admissions and Utah admits very few non residents with a MCAT of 505 and no connection to the state ( such as attending undergraduate school in Utah or grew up and graduated from high school in Utah)