Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsaab1234

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into the January 08 semester at AUC about one week ago. However, I am having some second thoughts about going to the caribbean. I have shadowed many different types of doctors and truly love the field of medicine. Recently, somebody suggusted optometry as an alternative career choice. I shadowed an optometrist and really like it a lot too. I have been taking many practice exams for the OAT and have been scoring well. If I take the OAT and apply, i'll wait one year and go to optometry school. This time off will also give me the opportunity to retake the mcat to try to get in the US if I want to. However, there are some concerns about optometry that I have. The caribbean might not be the best choice either. Any thoughts? Should I just say forget it all and got to AUC? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Try the MCAT again and explore both fields more. You will be doing whatever you choose for the rest of your life so there should be no rush.

Always try the US again before going to the Carib. Unless you are Canadian, then you are screwed:)