Gun to head decision AUA vs Saba vs MUA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ras12m

Reaction score
i understand these schools are out of the top 3. If you HAD to choose between the schools above, which is "better"

please please please do not say "only top 3 dont go elsewhere". I believe these are the 4th 5th and 6th so I want to know which would be the consensus 4th

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
how about if u had unlimited money to waste and wanted to goto a med school that u probably would not match with. which is best out of saba aua and mua

If you are so dead set on going to one of these, why not do your own research instead of asking for opinions on a forum? If you are going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, the least you can do is to reach out to current students, graduates, and drop outs of these programs as well as check their accreditation statuses along with ECFMG eligibility come 2024.

Your next question will be "how am I supposed to contact people that go there? They aren't speaking on this forum much." The answer is Facebook (you can search for people with the school in their bio with their filter functions) as well as checking on LinkedIn for people with it listed on their education.

I have spoken to students from these schools and none of them recommended them. I'd probably pick AUA or Saba over MUA based on my own research but I think I'd rather do a BSN->NP program rather than go to any of those (and I detest the current NP system/model but that's another story).

Reactions: 2 users
If you are so dead set on going to one of these, why not do your own research instead of asking for opinions on a forum? If you are going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, the least you can do is to reach out to current students, graduates, and drop outs of these programs as well as check their accreditation statuses along with ECFMG eligibility come 2024.

Your next question will be "how am I supposed to contact people that go there? They aren't speaking on this forum much." The answer is Facebook (you can search for people with the school in their bio with their filter functions) as well as checking on LinkedIn for people with it listed on their education.

I have spoken to students from these schools and none of them recommended them. I'd probably pick AUA or Saba over MUA based on my own research but I think I'd rather do a BSN->NP program rather than go to any of those (and I detest the current NP system/model but that's another story).
Thank you that is some great idea's I will try that!!

i understand these schools are out of the top 3. If you HAD to choose between the schools above, which is "better"

please please please do not say "only top 3 dont go elsewhere". I believe these are the 4th 5th and 6th so I want to know which would be the consensus 4th

thanks
Don't go mua. I'm not sure about aua and while it seems saba has somewhat fallen from grace is still probably the safest option.

Says the guy who went DO.
What's your point here?
I have 99% chance of getting a residency program, and I have many more specialties opened to me as a DO than if I went Caribbean.

Reactions: 1 user
Saba's class size is dwindling by the year, they may have less than 20 kids next term. The only advantage with AUA is the option to qualify for federal student loans. Also MUA is not a great option either. Have you considered SGU, AUC, or Ross? These are more reputable and have a higher chance of matching.

Saba's class size is dwindling by the year, they may have less than 20 kids next term. The only advantage with AUA is the option to qualify for federal student loans. Also MUA is not a great option either. Have you considered SGU, AUC, or Ross? These are more reputable and have a higher chance of matching.
What happened to Saba? Will they maybe decrease tuition to get more students?

As a person in a Caribbean program; if given the option I'd much rather be in a US DO school...
Nah. You made the right choice. Now make it count. While everything seems uphill for you now (and it is) once you finish you'll look back and have no regrets. Trust me.

• Okay...
Nah. You made the right choice. Now make it count. While everything seems uphill for you now (and it is) once you finish you'll look back and have no regrets. Trust me.
I don't have any regrets with my choice, I knew the risks when I signed up but it isn't like I chose carib over DO. The average DO applicant has many more doors open to them than the above average carib, evidenced by the fact that we match 80% into primary care fields with mostly community programs. Secondly, my desire is to go into EM so my patient won't even know what my degree is/won't get to pick their physician so in my case it makes no difference.

This has gone off topic though and doesn't answer the original thread.