Decision deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Preopt2021

Reaction score
Do you know if there is a deadline to make a decision on which school to go to? I’m in between offers and thought I read something...

Members don't see this ad.

It should say the deadline in the letter of acceptance. Which schools r u deciding on?

I think most schools give a week or two to decide, furthermore, some require a deposit of $x to hold your spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I should clarify. I have deposited at two schools. I thought I read you can only be deposited at one school after a specific date. I’ll keep looking for those terms.

May 15! It's on the OptomCAS website: Applicant Responsibilities & Code of Conduct | OptomCAS

"Respond promptly to all offers of admission. Once you have accepted an offer, it is your obligation to immediately notify and withdraw any outstanding applications or decline offers of admission from other schools and colleges of optometry. If you are holding more than one seat after May 15, failure to decline multiple offers may result in offers of admission being changed or revoked. Applicants who receive multiple offers after May 15th must respond to those offers quickly and failure to do so may result in offers of admission being changed or revoked. Schools and colleges of optometry participate in Shared Acceptance Reports during the OptomCAS cycle which allows them to be informed when candidates are holding more than one seat."

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I remember seeing that somewhere so it must've been when signing up for OPTOMCAS.

May 15! It's on the OptomCAS website: Applicant Responsibilities & Code of Conduct | OptomCAS

"Respond promptly to all offers of admission. Once you have accepted an offer, it is your obligation to immediately notify and withdraw any outstanding applications or decline offers of admission from other schools and colleges of optometry. If you are holding more than one seat after May 15, failure to decline multiple offers may result in offers of admission being changed or revoked. Applicants who receive multiple offers after May 15th must respond to those offers quickly and failure to do so may result in offers of admission being changed or revoked. Schools and colleges of optometry participate in Shared Acceptance Reports during the OptomCAS cycle which allows them to be informed when candidates are holding more than one seat."
Okay...so this means that we can still get accepted to schools post-May 15?

I’m on the waitlist for one school I’m eyeing.

I believe so... Ive heard of someone who got accepted right before orientation in August so anything is possible! But looks like after May 15 if you have multiple offers you have to choose one and withdraw from the other(s).

I believe so... Ive heard of someone who got accepted right before orientation in August so anything is possible! But looks like after May 15 if you have multiple offers you have to choose one and withdraw from the other(s).
Okay...so that is for those who were firmly accepted as opposed to WL / alternate list folks.

Reactions: 1 user