Deciding to update fall grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TalaDuShrrg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just gotten my fall grades, and my GPA has gone up a little but not a huge amount (3.85 to 3.9). I've already sent update letters to schools that accepted them, and no school has specifically asked for fall grades. Do you think its worth it to send them a copy of my transcript? Or are they likely to be annoyed by getting a bunch of additional info from me?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've just gotten my fall grades, and my GPA has gone up a little but not a huge amount (3.85 to 3.9). I've already sent update letters to schools that accepted them, and no school has specifically asked for fall grades. Do you think its worth it to send them a copy of my transcript? Or are they likely to be annoyed by getting a bunch of additional info from me?
Thanks!
If you have already sent a fall term update sans grades, then don't send additional information. Since your GPA is fine as is, another excellent report won't change their perception of you.

For anyone who has yet to send a fall update (where allowed and in the absence of a specific transcript request) a formal grade report isn't needed. Just summarize your grades in narrative form as part of your Update Letter.

For anyone with a less than stellar grade, it's fine to omit mention of that grade from your summary. Just mention the As in XXX, YYY, and ZZZ. If they don't ask, no need to "tell" and shoot yourself in the foot.