December 2003 Part 1 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No it was a trick!!
they will be applying for next session..So I am inviting them to be my juniors(hopefully!!):)

Members don't see this ad.

OK ! So you were trying to be a good senior. :) Good job.
Where have you interviewed so far ? Do you have a school of choice ?

No!!Have three interviews scheduled.UPenn,BU,CWRU..
So I am in the stage of nailbiting right now!!
But I have always loved helping my batchmates and juniors..
Hope I am able to get at that stage here too!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Luck with the interviews. There are books on how to improve "interview skills" try to get your hands on them.

( I dont know any book or author in particular )

Thanks a million,
I got hold of SDN by Henna..would it do?:D

hi all,
Everybody got a great score,great work!!CONGRATS!!!:clap::clap: :clap:

hey all,
i just saw the results for the Dec part 1. Congrats to all of you :clap: :clap: :clap: Your hard work paid off. Hope that you all get into schools of your choice.
BEST OF LUCK FOR THE FUTURE:thumbup:

congrats caninus_molarus!

thanks ratson, dentek2, pinktooth .....

divya my inbox isnt full anymore. but i have not received your PM yet.

Congrats to all. These scores really rock !. Good luck

thanks DDS_FIGHT,thanks toothmail....congratulations for you too guys...
:clap: :clap:

Anatomic: 87
Bio-phiso: 81
micro-patho:85
dental:85

average:85

It's not good but it's better than what I expected ( I thought I would not pass). This gives me confidence to continue.
And then I'm confused? Should I take it again? or try to applying?

is anyone in vancouver ,canada still waiting for her/ his scores?????

Members don't see this ad :)
hi xuhaifeng?
are you a cahinese? if u dont mind:D

congratulations xuhaifeng! :clap:

Hi, All
Im new at SDN ..Great to see so many from India!!!Im planning on taking my part1 exams in July..Hope that I can get lots of inputs from all those who scored great !!Congrats to Toothmail, woodbend, cannius__molarus ,shree..it really gives students like me a lot of encouragement and confidence that with hard work and determination it is possible to get good scores.
All the best with your applications/ Part2 Preparation.
Thanks
Jeevan:clap:

welcome to SDN jeevan. where are u from? and which college? if i may ask.......

all the best with prep for part 1. this forum's a great place for info esp. when we are feeling lost and clueless! :)

hi jeevan!
all u need to study is decks, do the papers and yes do read the texts for some basic info coz u need to have a strong knowledge of the basics , otherwise u'll be byhearting things u have no idea about and thats not always good at the exam.anyways,all the best!!and I studied for a month,but 2-3 months is the best thing.
shree

i quite agree with shree,do the decks,asda papers,and some textbook would help you out as a refernce.
good luck

ditto shree and toothlord

i meant .....i would have advised the same as u both. decks, papers, and texts as required but not too much !

Thanks ..Shree ,and Toothlord..I appreciate your replies ...it would be really great if you guys could just write in "detail" about your methods of preparation..Im sure many students helped you guys when you were preparing ..I guess one good turn deserves another ..so kindly do take some time out and let us know how your exams were and kindly posts your replies in
"July 2004 part1 thread."
-----------------------------
This format would help us in understanding your advices better.
As the saying goes .." ask and you shall receive" ..So we students are asking you for your help..
Thanks
Jeevan

jeevan look out for my "good turn" on a new thread! i hope that makes u happy!

Hi Jeevan,
The method of study depends upon a lot of factors like how much time you have and your memory skills and reading habits.
Still if you would like to know the best procedure would be that you go through the theory first.Then go through the dental decks and then the ASDA questions,and then do the decks again maybe.If you do the decks and ASDA questions well(mug up!!)you'll get an excellent score..
As I said earlier individual techniques may differ..this is what I did.My NDBE score??94.:)

I think they (ADA) missed my result..., I took Part1 last dec. However, I have not received my result yet..., I live in California...,what am I suppose to do? Can I call them for the score? Is there anyone who has same situation as I am in now???? I am dying to know my score...and It seems everyone got their results as early as last week.....,,,HOW COME????!!!! WHERE IS MINE???!!!

:( :scared:

Take it easy . when I took it last july some students got it 2 weeks after I did.You can allways call ADA.

Thank you toothmail,

to White-molor,
I'm from China. And where are you from?

snowhiteteeth

do call ADA. either it is just delayed or lost in mail like it happened last july to quite a few people. either ways do call them and see whats happening. kajalkiran has posted some info on whom to contact at ADA. search for her post. also i have posted the ADA numbers in case u dont have them in one of the threads.

the waiting can be really horrible esp. when u know everyone else has got thier scores. all the best- hope u hear from them soon.

Hello everyone.I wanted some advice I have the 1998 Kaplan notes I would like to know wether that is sufficient for the forth coming board preps or is it better to get the latest release?Thanks a lot in advance

Hello!
Thanks to toothmail and kajalkiran for the information....,,,
I am still waiting...,I can't breathe anymore..,and my guts were...,,huhhh..,
Okay,I am going to contact Dr.kramer at ADA.
Thank you guys once again...,
bye.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-snowhite-
:scared:

hi xuhaifeng,
i am from taiwan,did u study i china or elsewhere? why do u have to take NBDE?if u dont mind:)

Hi one and all

My part-1 scores r

Anatomy-93
DADH-99
Micro-path-82
Physio-biochem-78:(

Average score is-88

I'm not happy with my score.I feel that many schools prefer students with 90's.so i'm a bit confused whether to retake part-1 or apply with this score.Can't afford to waste one year hoping to get the seat.Don't know what to do.please give me suggestions regarding this:confused:

Thanks in advance

hey deadly tooth,
you shouldn't be discouraged with ur scores,there are many schools that do not have a specific requirement of scores. Just in case you happen to get into a school of your choice why waste a year!!
BTW why the name "deadly tooth":)

Hi Ratson,

Thanks for the reply but then i want to make my resume stronger by improving my scores since my gpa is very low.Actually one of my friend has applied to all the schools with her old scores and she has given part-1 again in july n improved her scores and updated her scores so even i'm planning to do that.Not a bad idea but studying all over again is painful.

Anatomy-93
DADH-99
Micro-path-82
Physio-biochem-78 [/B]

Great score in DADH ?
any suggestions ? tricks ? for such a great score ?

Hi Explorer2010,

I just did the decks and ASDA papers and just went through kaplan once[which is not really required].If u have enough time go through kaplan otherwise the nutshells would do.DADH is an easy subject and everybody scores well in that so concentrate more on the other 3 papers but don't neglect DADH. Learn each n every line in decks anyline can come as a question.

ALL THE BEST :thumbup:

thanks deadly tooth-
I took part I two years back, got score of 88.
Don't even remember individual subject scores,
but they were almost same in all 4 groups.
about DADH- When I came out of examination hall, was very happy, thought I am going to get very high score on that, but was disappointed later.
well, sometimes I think to retake part I and make it 90 plus, but not enough motivated.

hello ppl,
great scores there....please some advice!
where did u study from .....any particular books tht were really helpful....please give details!!!

I am in the same boat. My average in part 1 which I have taken this december is 88. But i have a Postgraduation in Dental Public Health back home(India) and presently doing a Phd in orofacial pain in Denmark. Though my Phd will get confirmed only next year, I have 4 published papers in highly reputed Journals.
i am in dilmma now to retake the part1 or just go ahead with part 2 and apply for schools. could someone give me an advice please. I dont know my GPA yet as I am waiting for the evaluation report from ECE, but i know it will be very low.
The only thing left and I could change is TOEFL score and retaking PART-1!!

Originally posted by anitha
I am in the same boat. My average in part 1 which I have taken this december is 88. But i have a Postgraduation in Dental Public Health back home(India) and presently doing a Phd in orofacial pain in Denmark. Though my Phd will get confirmed only next year, I have 4 published papers in highly reputed Journals.
i am in dilmma now to retake the part1 or just go ahead with part 2 and apply for schools. could someone give me an advice please. I dont know my GPA yet as I am waiting for the evaluation report from ECE, but i know it will be very low.
The only thing left and I could change is TOEFL score and retaking PART-1!!

Are you crazy?? with a Masters degree and a Phd and published papers, the least schools could do is accept you. US schools loveeeeeeee research experience.

Yes I second Meggs.!!I think as soon as you get your Phd you should apply to the schools and submit a wonderful reume...
They will love you!!
All the best:)

hello ppl,
great scores there....please some advice!
where did u study from .....any particular books tht were really helpful....please give details!!!

Hey meggs and pink tooth,

please.... I too need ur advice.I gave my part-1 in december 2003 and scored 89%.I am waiting for gpa yet and what I can say is it will neither be too low nor too high.
I really want ur suggestion before I start with my part-2 preparation.Please suggest me.
Anyone is wellcome here for a suggestion.:confused:

Sorry buddy I haven't taken my part II yet..

Hi Friends,
I am a new member here,and i loved the way every body s helping each other out.
I need help to decide,wat to do& how?
I ve partial failure in dec. part1 in anatomy,now if i want to go in 85 plus i need to get 96 in anat.
i think i shall be able to do that,but u never know!
and can i retake the whole thing,even with partial failure?
pls.help me decide,wat shall i do,wat will be the way to do that also?
i ll appreciate any kind of help.

about your part1 score,tooth girl i suppose its hard to get 96 in anatomy,iam not dicouraging anyone here,but anatomy is one of the hardest section so my advice to you that you try to prepare for the whole thing again would be better than gambling with anatomy.

Hi! I am a new member at SDN.This infact being my first post!!!First of all let me congratulate all who secured a good score in Dec 2003.:clap:
I took up part 1 in dec too and got an 88.
It's really great how everyone is helping the other out as in a family...and now i'm a part of it too:)...good goin' SDN!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanx Pinktooth!:) :) :)