Debt pissing contest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your debt (estimated or actual) upon graduation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that I don't like my feeling to be hurt :mad:

Yes, I know. Your former diary is well aware of this.

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon Derm! Have you nothing better to do than comment on posts that weren't even directed to you?
How is it you can spend sooo much time on SDN anyway?
Truth be told, sometimes you have some great posts but for the most part you just keep putting your nose in threads that don't need or want your input. Are you even a student anymore?
He's much more entertaining than you though.

Maybe he can spend a lot of time here bc he was smart enough to match into a program that allows him to? Who are you to say what he should and should not do with his free time? Maybe you're the one that should get off SDN considering your MCAT.

Like I was saying, it wouldn't be enough to get into medical school UNLESS you were a URM, which you are according to your MDApps profile.
There are plenty of URM-based threads out there you know...

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently it was bc I AM in medschool... A US allopathic one too!
You are now among thousands of people. Congrats on being special.

Reactions: 1 user

Maybe he can spend a lot of time here bc he was smart enough to match into a program that allows him to? Who are you to say what he should and should not do with his free time? Maybe you're the one that should get off SDN considering your MCAT.
MCAT score seems to be the theme here... Are we sure that we are not in the pre-allo forum?

MCAT score seems to be the theme here... Are we sure that we are not in the pre-allo forum?
Dude calm down. She came in here acting like she knew better than everyone. If anyone has it coming to them, it's her.

Reactions: 1 users
There are plenty of URM-based threads out there you know...
Yes, but don't act with such hubris to think your non-trad application was so special and unique that it made up for your sub-par MCAT score. At least try to acknowledge the truth instead of using it as something to brag about.

Yes, but don't act with such hubris to think your non-trad application was so special and unique that it made up for your sub-par MCAT score. At least try to acknowledge the truth instead of using it as something to brag about.
She wears it as a badge of honor it seems.

Members don't see this ad :)

You are now among thousands of people. Congrats on being special.
I merely asked why he spent so much time with we lowly medstudents when he thinks so little of us.

And my MCAT is the reason why I am on SDN with a blog! There's so many ppl out there like me who didn't grow up with privilege and still made it.

I merely asked why he spent so much time with we lowly medstudents when he thinks so little of us.

And my MCAT is the reason why I am on SDN with a blog! There's so many ppl out there like me who didn't grow up with privilege and still made it.

I can't even

Again, I got an 8 in VR... reading comprehension--fail!
No one was talking about your MCAT score. It's not my fault you took personal offense at a comment directed to someone else. It does explain your difficulty understanding things when explained to you (not just by me).

Dude, you brought up my MCAT as a way to discredit me-- remember that part?

Dude calm down. She came in here acting like she knew better than everyone. If anyone has it coming to them, it's her.
I'll work on being worried about what's "coming" to me.

No one was talking about your MCAT score. It's not my fault you took personal offense at a comment directed to someone else. It does explain your difficulty understanding things when explained to you (not just by me).
I did not take personal offense at your comments, I just think at that level we should not have pissing or dicking contest. Ok derm, your english comprehension is better than mine. You feel better now...

Ah yes, my favorite line of argument. One internet message board user/blogger trying to call another internet message board user a nerd/loser/slacker because the other person has more posts than them. Works every time!

#1 - no, just you, sweetie.

#2 - MdApps is not a "blog".And your MCAT score has nothing to do with privilege.

I didn't grow up with privilege either and I don't considering myself being "made" despite being in med school. Get over yourself.

Friends, I'm sorry you find my opinions so disagreeable.

At the end if the day, how you choose to pay back your loans is your call.
I still don't get what my MCAT has to do with this thread, but whatever floats your boat.

#1 - no, just you, sweetie.

#2 - MdApps is not a "blog".And your MCAT score has nothing to do with privilege.
Sad how you're mean to so many ppl-- bc I think you're adorable!
My blog is linked to my MDApp! Feel free to check it out.

I still don't get what my MCAT has to do with this thread, but whatever floats your boat.
This isn't a debate. On the topic of moonlighting and paying off part of your loans, you are just wrong. You need to read more on the topic.

It's 1/2 of a high school grad's average lifetime earnings. In fact, it is probably worth more than 80% of my family's assets put together.
I guess some people have to be DOCTORS when they can accomplish almost the same thing with a PA/NP degree that cost a fraction of .... med school.

They are calling you dumb because you didnt understand that an 80 hr/wk resident cannot possibly moonlight because of A) restrictions or B) they would be working every day of their lives.

That's all really, if you had just said "Oh ok" because you were wrong 3 pages of this thread would have been two posts.

You discredited yourself already by your thoughts on moonlighting
Once again I'm discredited bc I think moonlighting is possible?
And if you disagreed with that -- let's talk about that. I still don't get why you mentioned my MCAT...?

And if you disagreed with that -- let's talk about that. I still don't get why you mentioned my MCAT...?
@DermViser becoming president is also possible. Many things are possible.

Reactions: 3 users
They are calling you dumb because you didnt understand that an 80 hr/wk resident cannot possibly moonlight because of A) restrictions or B) they would be working every day of their lives.

That's all really, if you had just said "Oh ok" because you were wrong 3 pages of this thread would have been two posts.
No, I agreed with these restrictions. I merely said it's a possibility -- something to ask about during residency interviews, perhaps. And there are residents who do, in fact, moonlight.

Read your posts again. Again this isn't a disagreement. The facts are either on your side or they are not. Ask an IM intern or a Surgery resident why they don't spend more time moonlighting and let me know how that convo turns out.

You held yourself as somehow knowing something you don't know. Hence why in your head, you thought your application was somehow so special and that's why you got accepted. Most would be thankful to God's green earth for getting in with a 25. But not you.

Read your posts again. Again this isn't a disagreement. The facts are either on your side or they are not. Ask an IM intern or a Surgery resident why they don't spend more time moonlighting and let me know how that convo turns out.

You held yourself as somehow knowing something you don't know. Hence why in your head, you thought your application was somehow so special and that's why you got accepted. Most would be thankful to God's green earth for getting in with a 25. But not you.
There are residencies other than surgery or IM-- as you know. So perhaps overreaching statements concerning the impossibility of moonlighting are unwarranted-- dontcha think?

Feel free to continue making assumptions about my application and degree of gratitude bc you're wrong. Again.

There are residencies other than surgery or IM-- as you know. So perhaps overreaching statements concerning the impossibility of moonlighting are unwarranted-- dontcha think? Feel free to continue making assumptions about my application and degree of gratitude bc you're wrong. Again.
Do you know what moonlighting even is? Let's start from the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.