"Day of Acceptances"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swarles

Class of 2017!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since tomorrow is the Dental day of acceptances... I was wondering, would you rather have that, or rolling acceptances like pharmacy does?

For those who don't know... For MD/Dental, the schools aren't allowed to give acceptances until a specific date. For instance, MD was October 16th or something, and Dental is Dec 3rd. Then after that, it's basically like a rolling acceptance until class starts.

Although I know that these days are extremely sad for some, I also think it's really exciting. It also prevents the problem of having to put a deposit at a school, then getting accepted to a better school and having to put down another deposit, etc. However, I also think that people don't submit PharmCAS early enough and pharmacy isn't competitive enough for that. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also think it'd be nice if schools called for acceptances instead of e-mail. :D

The entire pre-dental forum right now is in dire need of a tranquilizer :laugh:

I would much rather have that! My med school friend was totally confused when I explained the amount of money for deposits and how some schools only give 2 weeks to let you pay. She said, " They can't do that!"

It is really expensive....

Are D.O. Schools like that too??

Class of 2017

SDN Mobile

Class of 2017

SDN Mobile

Not sure. I do know a D.O. student that was accepted before the M.D. deadline so if so it's not the same day.

Class of 2017

SDN Mobile

Do schools are different. My husband is a DO student in his first year and his school (Western U) did rolling acceptances.

This would be a lot better than watching my inbox and spam folder like a hawk for 4-7 months.

I just put down $1000 to reserve a spot at a school that isn't my top choice... Just because it was the only interview/acceptance I could get before Spring. So, yeah, wishing that didn't have to happen right now.