davis or berkeley? hs senior planning on eventually applying to vet school

ssg91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

i'm currently trying to decide between uc davis (animal science major) or uc berkeley (bio major) for undergrad. davis is obviously better for veterinary medicine since they have a vet school and an actual animal science major. but berkeley is berkeley! and plus if i end up deciding not to go to vet school, a degree from berkeley will definitely help me more than one from davis. anyone have any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

i'm currently trying to decide between uc davis (animal science major) or uc berkeley (bio major) for undergrad. davis is obviously better for veterinary medicine since they have a vet school and an actual animal science major. but berkeley is berkeley! and plus if i end up deciding not to go to vet school, a degree from berkeley will definitely help me more than one from davis. anyone have any input?

How do you figure?

im not really sure actually, but thats what my college counselor said so just thought id put it in there.

i think maybe its the reputation berkeley has as opposed to davis?

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind, just because you go to Davis, doesnt mean you have a better chance of getting into their vet school. I think go where you feel most comfortable. If you like Davis better and think it will prepare you better than go there. If not go to Berkeley. Though Berkeley is a better school, its probably the one i would go with because there are probably more opportunities with research and stuff you may end up being interested in. Im sure many students at Berkeley who are interested in vet medicine, go on to vet school. Maybe call both schools and ask there acceptance rates amoung students interested.