DATs finally over!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apbshah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the DATs today. Scores are below.

AA 19
TS 20
Bio 20
G Chem 19
O Chem 20
PAT 21
RC 18

Thanks to SDN and all the advices that I got from reading posts (Eventhough, many of them were completely contradicting!) I guess, I would've done much better, if I had studied a little harder. But I think I'm happy with my score. I want to go to UFl. I have an excellent GPA ~3.82.
Haven't done much shadowing with a dentist. So, I called them up and they just received the primary application from AADSAS. It'll be at least two weeks before they send me secondary application, and two more weeks for them to review it after I mail it. I'm planning on just shadowing with a dentist in the mean time. I'm done with school, so I don't have to worry about that. Now is the important part, the interview. Any advice? What kind of questions will I be asked? What else is there for me to do?

Members don't see this ad.

apbshah said:

AA 19
TS 20
Bio 20
G Chem 19
O Chem 20
PAT 21
RC 18

Thanks to SDN and all the advices that I got from reading posts (Eventhough, many of them were completely contradicting!) I guess, I would've done much better, if I had studied a little harder. But I think I'm happy with my score. I want to go to UFl. I have an excellent GPA ~3.82.
Haven't done much shadowing with a dentist. So, I called them up and they just received the primary application from AADSAS. It'll be at least two weeks before they send me secondary application, and two more weeks for them to review it after I mail it. I'm planning on just shadowing with a dentist in the mean time. I'm done with school, so I don't have to worry about that. Now is the important part, the interview. Any advice? What kind of questions will I be asked? What else is there for me to do?

Good job! :)

apbshah said:

AA 19
TS 20
Bio 20
G Chem 19
O Chem 20
PAT 21
RC 18

Great scores, esp that PAT! I'm sitting mine this friday....

How did you study? Kaplan? Barrons? Topscore? And compared to your practice exams, did you go up, down, stay the same??

Members don't see this ad :)
makwendo said:
Great scores, esp that PAT! I'm sitting mine this friday....

How did you study? Kaplan? Barrons? Topscore? And compared to your practice exams, did you go up, down, stay the same??

Towards the end, I just studied by going over the notes I made. Reviewing all the tests at the end helped a lot as well. The score was almost same or a little more comparatively. I used Topscore for tests. I also used Kaplan. Kaplan was the only one I used for material. I think it does a comprehensive job. Review the PAT. Even reviewing the same thing helps. (Trust me it does). He Hope that helps. Good Luck

apbshah said:
Towards the end, I just studied by going over the notes I made. Reviewing all the tests at the end helped a lot as well. The score was almost same or a little more comparatively. I used Topscore for tests. I also used Kaplan. Kaplan was the only one I used for material. I think it does a comprehensive job. Review the PAT. Even reviewing the same thing helps. (Trust me it does). He Hope that helps. Good Luck
Congratz. Those are good scores. I wish I was done with school too. This application process and interviews is beginning to dent my gpa.

Those are some good scores!
You have a fair chance of getting into a dental school.

Congrats... nice numbers~ I remember that awesome feeling right after the exam... just the fact that it's done and over with and that you've survived~ :D