This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gk1234

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I took the DAT back in August (scored an 18 AA) and am now prepping for a retake. I used bootcamp before and did all ten practice tests multiple times sooo I don’t really want to use bootcamp again, since I think I’ll remember the questions and it’ll be ineffective.

I already purchased PAT booster, and I found someone selling their Kaplan membership really cheap. What else should I do?? Is Kaplan really easier than the DAT (that’s what I’ve heard on other threads). Obviously, I do not want to take the dat a third time. I’m also currently going through feralis biology notes. Are there any suggestions on how to use Kaplan effectively, or if there is another prep course that’s better besides bootcamp? Honestly, I’m not worried about the price Ill pay whatever to do well. My problem areas on the actual DAT were general chemistry, math, and bio. Any suggestions or advice are welcomed and grateful!!

Members don't see this ad.

Key is to really find out what your weak topics are exactly and study those before taking any more practice exams. Once your ready, I suggest using chads Free practice DAT exams. He has great video explanations to help understand each question. Also, if your looking for something more challenging after learning the weak topics try out the destroyer books, especially the Math Destroyer.

Hi! I took the DAT back in August (scored an 18 AA) and am now prepping for a retake. I used bootcamp before and did all ten practice tests multiple times sooo I don’t really want to use bootcamp again, since I think I’ll remember the questions and it’ll be ineffective.

I already purchased PAT booster, and I found someone selling their Kaplan membership really cheap. What else should I do?? Is Kaplan really easier than the DAT (that’s what I’ve heard on other threads). Obviously, I do not want to take the dat a third time. I’m also currently going through feralis biology notes. Are there any suggestions on how to use Kaplan effectively, or if there is another prep course that’s better besides bootcamp? Honestly, I’m not worried about the price Ill pay whatever to do well. My problem areas on the actual DAT were general chemistry, math, and bio. Any suggestions or advice are welcomed and grateful!!

From what I've heard, Kaplan is far behind in DAT prep besides maybe their RC section. I would highly recommend NOT using them for math or science based on what I've read. I never did, so perhaps I am biased.

If you haven't already, check out the DAT Destroyer products. I absolutely swear by them and PATBooster for getting me the score that I did (plus some work put in, of course). The Orgoman team has free videos on their YouTube page which helped a ton as well, especially for gen chem and math for me. I would try maybe joining their Facebook page to see what the materials really have to offer, but also check out some of the breakdowns of people who used them. That should help out a ton!

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I would aim for taking the DAT before application opens up again (May). I would also hold off on buying Bootcamp again until the last month of studying for the test. Buy DAT Destroyer + Math Destroyer + Chads videos + PAT booster. After going through both Destroyer’s twice, use the bootcamp exams ONLY as full length practice tests (don’t do each section separate, like bio by itself then review it). I found it a lot more effective to use them as full length tests when retaking the test. I went from a 18 TS to 20 TS with a 17 in bio to a 20 in bio. I wasn’t a bio major so I had to find a better way to learn the section, and this definitely helped.

Note: doing it this way is a lot more effective based on my experience. Also, I saved a lot more money where I only had to purchase DAT bootcamp for 1 month instead of 3 months. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user