dat percentile rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsman89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dat scores:
PAT 17 72%
QR 16 61.7%
RC 21 87.7%
Bio 21 97.2%
GC 18 70.3%
OC 19 83.5%
TS 19 86.8%
AA 19 86.2%

I know that admissions looks at percentiles also and they can vary from test to test. If anyone has similar scores, can you reply and let me know what your score was and your percetile ranking so I see how much they vary.

Members don't see this ad.

ddsman89 said:
I know that admissions looks at percentiles
false, percentiles are not included in the score report sent to dental schools.

ddsman89 said:
Dat scores:
PAT 17 72%
QR 16 61.7%
RC 21 87.7%
Bio 21 97.2%
GC 18 70.3%
OC 19 83.5%
TS 19 86.8%
AA 19 86.2%

I know that admissions looks at percentiles also and they can vary from test to test. If anyone has similar scores, can you reply and let me know what your score was and your percetile ranking so I see how much they vary.

My PAT was 18 and percentile 66.8 :eek:
and my AA is 19 with percentile 76.4

How do they calculate this?

Members don't see this ad :)
syn_apse said:
false, percentiles are not included in the score report sent to dental schools.

This is true. I was at XYZ school of Dentistry a month ago for an interivew and I looked at my own file with the DAT scores printed. They have no percentiles, just numbers on each section (this helped me VERY MUCH since my RC score was a 20, but surprisingly, my percentile was a 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pissed lol)

reading seems like a section where most people do pretty well, so the percentiles for it lower than other section.

Dr. Parm said:
This is true. I was at XYZ school of Dentistry a month ago for an interivew and I looked at my own file with the DAT scores printed. They have no percentiles, just numbers on each section (this helped me VERY MUCH since my RC score was a 20, but surprisingly, my percentile was a 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pissed lol)

I agree with Dr. Parm. I also happened to look at my file during an interview and saw that there are no percentiles reported. Just the plain scores.

I needed a copy of my DAT scores for my job with Kaplan and I had to request an official copy. THERE IS NO % on the REPORT! just your name, SSN, and the NUMBER SCORE of each section!

THERE IS NO %, and the schools don't see it, only the # score of each section.

I wouldn't stress too much over percentiles. Of course I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, but I would imagine that after years of accepting dental students, the ADCOMS know the difference between an 18 and a 20 and know generally what they can expect from a student with a certain set of DAT scores.