Wondering what your DAT score is in percentile? I found the official ADA document for conversions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DigitalDental

UMN Class of 2023
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I found this nifty document on the ADA website a few weeks back and thought I'd share it with yall. Seems like a lotta people want to know what their DAT score is in percentile form and this document lets you figure that out using 2016 DAT data.

This document is brand new as far as I can tell, and I was surprised that there weren't any threads about it on SDN already. it is based off of 2016 data, but this is the most recent percentile data the ADA has released as far as I can tell. (Trademark thing on the document says it was published just this year!)

Anyway, It's really interesting to see how average DAT scores have been increasing over the years. There's also some cool stats about how DAT scores correlate to 1st year dental school GPA. (Starts on page 18.) Also cool stats about how DAT scores vary by gender and ethnicity if you're into that. (Starts on page 21.)

If you're a stats nerd like me you'll probably find the first 9 pages interesting to read but otherwise the fun stuff starts on page 9.

Enjoy my SDN buddies!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2016DATPercentiles.pdf
    704.5 KB · Views: 514
Reactions: 3 users