DAT in 1 week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socal6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My test is in a week and these are my averages for full lengths 1-4 on BC:

Bio = 23.5
GC = 22.75
OC = 20
RC = 20.5
QR = 18.5
PAT = 19.5

2009 scores:
Bio = 24
GC = 23
OC = 19
RC = 21
QR = 19
PAT = 22

I am most concerned about QR & PAT. From what I hear, most people generally score a little higher on the PAT so I'm less worried there (I have also hit 20 for 2 of the tests)... but I have no idea how to tackle QR. I don't find it hard and but timing has been a real issue and I haven't gotten a single 20 on any of my practices. This is the only section I have seen minimal improvement on with practice. Talk of how difficult QR has been for a few people on here also has me pretty worried. Any tips on how I should tackle my last week of studying? Should I consider pushing back my test date?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. My test is in a week and these are my averages for full lengths 1-4 on BC:

Bio = 23.5
GC = 22.75
OC = 20
RC = 20.5
QR = 18.5
PAT = 19.5

I am most concerned about QR & PAT. From what I hear, most people generally score a little higher on the PAT so I'm less worried there (I have also hit 20 for 2 of the tests)... but I have no idea how to tackle QR. I don't find it hard and but timing has been a real issue and I haven't gotten a single 20 on any of my practices. This is the only section I have seen minimal improvement on with practice. Talk of how difficult QR has been for a few people on here also has me pretty worried. Any tips on how I should tackle my last week of studying? Should I consider pushing back my test date?

Thanks!

What did you score on the 2007 and 2009 DAT exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
for math, i would practice with the extra bootcamp qr exams and dat destroyer qr/math destroyer exams. dont stress out over every question but know how to crunch numbers fast. I built up my math skills with those resources and then focused on my timing. QR is 50% math and 50% timing. If you cant get a question, mark an answer + move on. See all 40 questions and answer them before going back.

Reactions: 1 user
I read this week, that the people who took DAT, found Gre questions about comparison method in the QR, so just check this video for 30 minutes, it might help you on the test. Best of luck!

I would focus on MATH Destroyer if I were you. Its the section that is most improvable, imo. I attribute my success in QR to MATH Destroyer - I got a 21 QR on real test. I worked all 10 tests spaced out on separate days. Even though you don't have that luxury, just focusing on 1-3 of the tests would help, I think. Best of luck studying these next 6 days. Don't be afraid to push your test back if you know you can improve more overall.

I would focus on MATH Destroyer if I were you. Its the section that is most improvable, imo. I attribute my success in QR to MATH Destroyer - I got a 21 QR on real test. I worked all 10 tests spaced out on separate days. Even though you don't have that luxury, just focusing on 1-3 of the tests would help, I think. Best of luck studying these next 6 days. Don't be afraid to push your test back if you know you can improve more overall.

Thank you! I've gone through the book ~2 times, but I'll go back and redo a few of them before next week!

2009 scores:
Bio = 24
GC = 23
OC = 19
RC = 21
QR = 19
PAT = 22

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! So grateful for these scores :)

You earned those scores! What was some of the advice that proved to be helpful? I am curious to know, and I am sure some other people could benefit from your experience.

Haha. I guess what I meant was: was there any specific information(advice given to you) in this thread that you feel significantly helped you in the final days of prep, and other people may try to follow? Even if it didn't help you, was there anything especially pertinent that you would recommend to others? Only reason I am posting this is to try and make this thread useful months/years to come. Thanks for the replies!

Haha. I guess what I meant was: was there any specific information(advice given to you) in this thread that you feel significantly helped you in the final days of prep, and other people may try to follow? Even if it didn't help you, was there anything especially pertinent that you would recommend to others? Only reason I am posting this is to try and make this thread useful months/years to come. Thanks for the replies!

I don't have much more to add besides what I wrote in the tips section, but if you're looking for more specific study advice, I guess I would say try doing 100 questions (40 bio, 30 gc, 30 oc) a day to get your stamina up for test day. For my last week, I just made sure I looked at content for all of the sciences every day, since I tend to forget things easily. However, feel free to take a few days off for yourself if you feel it might help; that seems to work well for many people. In the end, I just did what has always worked for me.