DAT in 1 week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cleanfreak71

Reaction score
I have my DAT in one week. I have been studying using Bootcamp and destroyer for months, but 2 weeks ago I bought DATBooster since it was cheaper than renewing BC. Anyways, my practice test scores are so low on Booster (no higher than an 18 on any section except PAT) and I am really starting to worry since I take my test in one week. Anyone get really low scores, but do fine on the actual test? Any advice? I am studying any chance I get when I come home for work and I wake up early to study before work, so maybe I am just tired while taking the practice tests (or at least that's what I keep telling myself). Anyways, anything will help!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about the scores - every company has different scales and none of them can necessarily predict what how you'll do on the real exam. What's important is learning from your mistakes and areas of weakness.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my DAT in one week. I have been studying using Bootcamp and destroyer for months, but 2 weeks ago I bought DATBooster since it was cheaper than renewing BC. Anyways, my practice test scores are so low on Booster (no higher than an 18 on any section except PAT) and I am really starting to worry since I take my test in one week. Anyone get really low scores, but do fine on the actual test? Any advice? I am studying any chance I get when I come home for work and I wake up early to study before work, so maybe I am just tired while taking the practice tests (or at least that's what I keep telling myself). Anyways, anything will help!

Hi
cleanfreak71

Taking timed test so close to your test date is never a good idea, what you are experiencing is quite common. I call it the timed test Merry Go Round, you need to get off now. No timed test will accurately predict exactly what you will get on the DAT, you might get higher , you could get lower. If you have built a good foundation and been able to get through the Destroyer at least one time you have a great chance at getting a good DAT score. But if you continue to take timed test and get scores all over the place you are going to waste valuable time you could be using to study and focus on areas you might need a little work on.

If you are truly not feeling prepared, the best advice I can ever give a student is to reschedule,

Wishing the best! And if you have more questions I will do my best to answer.

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer, Orgoman

I know it's been a few days, but everything said above is very true. The timed, scored tests can only give you estimates of how you do and may not represent how you do on the exam whatsoever. They may be making you over-worry and you'll end up doing better, or they may give you false confidence and you'll end up doing worse. Either way, they shouldn't be trusted as score predictors.

That being said, you need to ask yourself how YOU feel, rather than what the scores say. Do you feel confident with the content, material, and flow of the exam? If the answer is 'no' or 'maybe,' consider rescheduling the exam for a later date. It'll both be cheaper that way and look better if you only end up taking the exam once. If you are confident, though, then don't let those scores get you down! They're just estimates and may not be at all representative. Just keep doing you.

Hopefully this helps a bit now that you're getting closer to the big day. Hang in there!!