DAT <36 hours FREAKING OUT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makwendo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friday...high noon....DAT time

till then.....
1 more full length will be taken
average AA's on topscore/kaplan 17-18's
average PAT's on topscore/kaplan 22/21 (I know that's gonna go down :rolleyes: )
I know im ready...I think....
but I feel like I'll turn around and some crazy s**t will happen and my memory will be erased or something...

Any pre-test day rituals anyone gots to share??
Should I treat it with respect or should I go in there with guns blazing??
What's your test mentality??

Members don't see this ad.

dude, good luck!!! let us know how it goes! i'm taking mine next monday :oops:

dds2010 said:
dude, good luck!!! let us know how it goes! i'm taking mine next monday :oops:

alright honestly, i was nervous as hell taking the DAT. i was supposed to take it in october, but i got so sick of studying that i just signed up for it in september without telling anyone about 2 days before.

half the people on this board don't tell the truth about their DAT scores. not everyone in the world gets 24's. in fact, most people don't. i'm applying after 3 years with hardly amazing grades, what i consider great dat scores (19AA, 20PA) and have interviews.

go in to prometric, take the test, use the headphones to block out all the people typing for the GRE, and honestly don't think about your score. the worst part of the test is finishing that QR section when the screen turns white and all you have to do is wait 30 seconds until all your scores come up.

if you do bad, take it again. but anxiety will kill you.

oh yeah and also, PAT is the most important section to most dental schools. the only thing i would do on test day is look over one or two that you already know the answer for each PAT section, but nothing else. chill out before the test and feel good about it.

Reactions: 1 user
relax and do the best that you can!! just chill out and know that you know the stuff!

don't get nervous! breath and make sure you answer EVERY question even if it's just a guess.

good luck! i was shooting about your averages on practice tests and i got a 21. so your score does go up!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
UMich Pre-Dent said:
oh yeah and also, PAT is the most important section to most dental schools.

PAT most important? I think not.

makwendo said:
Friday...high noon....DAT time

till then.....
1 more full length will be taken
average AA's on topscore/kaplan 17-18's
average PAT's on topscore/kaplan 22/21 (I know that's gonna go down :rolleyes: )
I know im ready...I think....
but I feel like I'll turn around and some crazy s**t will happen and my memory will be erased or something...

Any pre-test day rituals anyone gots to share??
Should I treat it with respect or should I go in there with guns blazing??
What's your test mentality??
I got around 19 AA on topscore and I got a 22 on the real. So, just add 3 points to your AA. Don't worry, 90 percent of the people go up in points from their practice exams. So good luck and dont worry!!! Get lots of sleep before the day of the exam too.

It takes x mg of gas A to fill up one container. d1 is A's density. How much (mg) is needed to fill the same container with gas B whose density is d2. x, d1 and d2 are given.

I hope it will raise your gen chem one more point. Good Luck!

I hope you get a chance to read this before the big day!

First of all - calm yourself! The last thing you need is gitters.

I got the same advice, and it worked! The one thing against you is being nervous - DON'T BE!

You KNOW the material! YES YOU DO! Trust Yourself!

Be CONFIDENT, but also, ASSERTIVE.

YOU NEED ENERGY - be physically at your peek! Take a chocolate bar with you for your break, but eat it quick, because you want to get back into your seat, with extra scratch paper - to write down some math formulas (this would be before the RC test - so make sure you ask for some before your break is over - this is key!)

PAT should be the easiest because you know EXACTLY what to expect - it's JUST like the practice exams - angles are tough, and TFE is MUCH easier!

Bio/Chm/Org IS VERY EASY!

MATH is tough if you are not good, and also if you are average, and have not practiced. MY ADVICE: SKIP DIFFICULT QUESTIONS, and go to EASY questions, and then come back. DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE - ON QR, remember - MOVE MOVE MOVE!

RC is a piece of cake! English is not my first language, and I STILL made a 17! And I feel I should've done better!

YOU WILL DO GREAT! Remember - energy is IMPORTANT - don't think back - think FOWARD. Be POSITIVE.

When you are finished, POST THOSE GREAT SCORES ON THIS THREAD!

GOOD LUCK... :luck: (Even though you don't need it)

On the test day grab a marker and write a big number 30 on a banana, then peel, and eat. It'll make you think you have divine DAT taking powers and your temporary insanity will guide you through the test. Seriously though, don't go overboard with the coffee drinking on test day and if you find it impossible to sleep the night before take an anti histamine, but make sure you take it really early and its no more than an 8 hour one.

Good luck!! You will do good. Just don't panic. Trust yourself. I like BeatValley's idea of divine DAT power through banana!!!! Also be physically prepared to sit for about 5 hurs.(may be without going to bathroom.) Once you're physically and psychologically prepared, you know you're ready. Because attitude is really important. What is in your hands is to try and do you're best. Don't worry about results. Also, don't expect to get really high score! It doesn't help when you don't reach them. (it feels good when you do though.) You may be surprised with results when you go without expectation! I like that statement "No expectations no disappointments!" This may sound like a loser's attitude, but its not. I'm not saying to give up on your efforts, rather the expectation of results. Hope that helps!! Once again GOOD LUCK!!