DAT: 23 TS 20AA but low Qr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dat786

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on SDN and I am really confused and do not know what to do.
I took the DAT recently and here are my scores:

PAT/ 17
QR/ 15 :(
RC/ 18
Bio/ 24
GC/ 23
OC/ 21
TS/ 23
AA/ 20

As you can see, I did horrible on QR...I don't really know what happened, I got 22s in all of my practice and studied a lot for it, but I think I got a really hard version and started panicking...same with RC my scores were always in the 20s.
I know my TS is okay, but will my QR have a really bad effect on my application? I know certain schools have cutoff points, etc. I don't really want to retake it because then I might get lower scores on the sciences.

Background info:

GPA: 3.96 overall, 4.0 science

Heres the thing about my GPA though, I went to a different college during my freshmen year, had a 3.55 GPA from there but then I transferred and attended my current university for 3. years, thats where I got the 3.96 and 4.0 science. So considering everything, my overall combined should be around 3.8 and 3.9 sci? not really sure.

I have Good letters and lots of hours, and will be working on my application/personal statement hard for the next two weeks. Applications start around next week or so and I'm hoping to apply in the next 2-3 weeks. Please tell me what you guys think, I'm pretty disappointed because I did the worst at what I am really good at. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you still have a great shot. That 23 in TS and high GPA will forgive your 15 in QR. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above poster. I would also call specific schools about their cut offs for qr but make sure to let them know the whole situation. QR isn't the most important stat. You have a great TS and a decent AA still. For RC 18 is below the average but above the cutoff for most schools so it wouldn't be too bad.
Goodluck!
And yes you have to compute your previous colleges grades into the average as well!

Reactions: 1 user