Dartmouth MPH - CECS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted to the Dartmouth MPH program and plan on attending. Is anyone else planning on starting in the Fall?

Members don't see this ad.

ericado said:
I have recently been accepted to the Dartmouth MPH program and plan on attending. Is anyone else planning on starting in the Fall?

if you don't mind me asking, how did they notify you of their decision? i should be hearing from them within the next week an am just curious...
thanks!

I received a letter in the mail about two weeks after my application was complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did Dartmouth notify you when your application was complete, or did you have to keep checking in with them to see if they received all your materials?

I am curious of your reasons for choosing CECS?...

rob14599 said:
Did Dartmouth notify you when your application was complete, or did you have to keep checking in with them to see if they received all your materials?

i called a couple times throughout the process to check if my recommendations had been received. however, i got a few emails from them as well, just to update me of my application status, and then i got another email when it was complete and had been sent for review. i don't think it could hurt to call though just to see...

I am planning on attending but I haven't received any notifcation from the program.

boricua_doc said:
I am planning on attending but I haven't received any notifcation from the program.

boricua doc, you from PR?? Im a MD student from PR and Im planning on going to Dartmouth next fall. Hope everything goes well for you and admission!!

mig26x said:
boricua doc, you from PR?? Im a MD student from PR and Im planning on going to Dartmouth next fall. Hope everything goes well for you and admission!!

You from San Juan? I have a house in Palmas Del Mar, outside of Humacao

ben_loper said:
You from San Juan? I have a house in Palmas Del Mar, outside of Humacao

yeah, im from san juan.
nice, i know palmas del mar!! Pretty nice community!!

ericado said:

I'm debating weather or not i should attend to dartmouth cecs or pittsburgh mph. Have any ideas which one might be better choice? my plan is to apply to medical school afterwards.

mig26X:

Yes, I am from Puerto Rico and I currently attend undergrad in the island. It is really great that you are interested in the CECS MPH. I was very interested on attending the program, because of its unique approach to health care issues; however, I decided to do the MPH-Epidemiology at the University of Puerto Rico. I can't afford to pay >$40,000 for the year at Darthmouth. I was expecting to receive some sort of finacial aid (other than loans) from Dartmouth, but it didn't happen. I decided to get my MPH at UPR which is an accredited school of public health and way (way. way, way....) less expensive. Anyways, good luck at New Hampshire!

Te deseo exito en todo lo que hagas!

muchas gracias boricua Doc!!

exito en el recinto!!