DANB Radiation Health & Safety (RHS) exam Study Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheProcess76

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am looking to get dental x-ray certified but have no idea what to use in studying for the RHS exam. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what materials to use or if you have any pdfs/flashcards, would you be willing to send them my way? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am looking to get dental x-ray certified but have no idea what to use in studying for the RHS exam. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what materials to use or if you have any pdfs/flashcards, would you be willing to send them my way? Thanks for the help!
Hi!! I took the RHS exam last year. I used the DANB RHS practice test and DANB RHS Review found on the Dale Foundation website. You have to pay for these unfortunately but I will say that I thought it was really helpful in terms of helping me review all the material we learned in class. I also really liked it because it was user friendly and interactive. Some of the practice questions were also similar to the ones on my exam which was nice. If I remember correctly, I believe the subscriptions are good for 6 months but if you can, I recommend taking the exam soon after completing the course while everything is fresh in your mind.

I just checked their website and they added another resource called “Conventional Dental Radiography Review”. I don’t remember seeing this when I studied for the exam last year so I don’t know much about it. But that could be another resource for you if you have enough time to check it out.

There are also quite a few quizlets online for the RHS exam. To be honest, I didn’t look at these very much but I think they may be pretty helpful as well! I hope this helps and good luck on your exam!! Regardless of whatever resource you use, I’m sure you’ll do well on it :)

Is Mr Google gone on a sabbatical?
It sure looks like it. Thanks sooo much for your insight, you're a real asset to the SDN community especially since the point of this forum is to gain information from people who have gone through the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi!! I took the RHS exam last year. I used the DANB RHS practice test and DANB RHS Review found on the Dale Foundation website. You have to pay for these unfortunately but I will say that I thought it was really helpful in terms of helping me review all the material we learned in class. I also really liked it because it was user friendly and interactive. Some of the practice questions were also similar to the ones on my exam which was nice. If I remember correctly, I believe the subscriptions are good for 6 months but if you can, I recommend taking the exam soon after completing the course while everything is fresh in your mind.

I just checked their website and they added another resource called “Conventional Dental Radiography Review”. I don’t remember seeing this when I studied for the exam last year so I don’t know much about it. But that could be another resource for you if you have enough time to check it out.

There are also quite a few quizlets online for the RHS exam. To be honest, I didn’t look at these very much but I think they may be pretty helpful as well! I hope this helps and good luck on your exam!! Regardless of whatever resource you use, I’m sure you’ll do well on it :)
Thank you so much! I was looking at the recommended books on the DANB website but since they state that they may not completely cover the info required for the test I thought a course may be better. Appreciate the assistance!