Dallas Jury awards $21M for anoxic brain injury under anesthesia at BUMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure

I'm just saying that if that NIBP measured a baseline MAP of 50 I'd be less concerned. NIBPs can be quirky. For example I think of the large-adult cuff on the forearm of a 50-BMI'er with conical "biceps" as more a tool for trend watching than a provider of accurate numbers.

All that said I just plug in phenylephrine infusions on an awful lot of patients, in an effort to keep them where they live.

I use phenylephrine gtt a lot and not just for MAPs below 65

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Sure

I'm just saying that if that NIBP measured a baseline MAP of 50 I'd be less concerned. NIBPs can be quirky. For example I think of the large-adult cuff on the forearm of a 50-BMI'er with conical "biceps" as more a tool for trend watching than a provider of accurate numbers.

All that said I just plug in phenylephrine infusions on an awful lot of patients, in an effort to keep them where they live.
I use phenylephrine infusions probably the most in my entire group. I find it so much easier to plug it in and run an infusion vs giving a thousand 100 mcg boluses like many of my partners.

I’ve also greatly lowered my threshold for putting an A-line in those ladies with conical arms that don’t fit a NIBP cuff.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One should not stay in any job where CRNAs are more important than the anesthesiologists. Sooner or later it will bite one in the butt.
*cough* HCA *cough*

Great work if you just want to sign charts from an app on your phone and spend the day sleeping on a couch in the lounge. I had one of their surgeons tell me that the only reason I was there was to add an extra layer of malpractice coverage to the room. Lovely huh?

One the upside they serve amazing food.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Usap Orlando people who work a full schedule make the same as Usap Texas region. I know this for a fact with people in Houston Dallas and Orlando.

They all making in the 700-800k range.

If u want to compare apples to apples. Because they were the original 3 areas that sold out in 2014 to form Usap.

Now what is considered a “full schedule “. Usually 3-4 beeper calls a month. 2 in house calls a month. One overnight weekend Average 50-55 hours.

Those who work less will make less. Person in my neighborhood original partner just covers Cush Asa 1-2 patients community hospital and gives up most of all his/hers/they call so makes less.
Hi aneftp - is there a way I can PM you? My wife's looking for an attending anesthesia job in the Orlando market and would love to hear your insight. I'm a rad working for one of the orlando groups. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
*cough* HCA *cough*

Great work if you just want to sign charts from an app on your phone and spend the day sleeping on a couch in the lounge. I had one of their surgeons tell me that the only reason I was there was to add an extra layer of malpractice coverage to the room. Lovely huh?

One the upside they serve amazing food.
Seriously, who's fault is that? If the anesthesiologists on the ground function in that way - how can we be pissed? Can't blame the powers that be for exploiting that when we're doing it to ourselves.

Seriously, who's fault is that? If the anesthesiologists on the ground function in that way - how can we be pissed? Can't blame the powers that be for exploiting that when we're doing it to ourselves.

You have ASA bought out by AMCs, and people who relied on CRNAs to make **** load. You have *******es validating non inferior independent mid level proceduralists.

Genie is out….
I will stick to my mostly solo cases practice, as long as possible.

But pretty soon we will all replaced by chatGPT anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You have ASA bought out by AMCs, and people who relied on CRNAs to make **** load. You have *******es validating non inferior independent mid level proceduralists.

Genie is out….
I will stick to my mostly solo cases practice, as long as possible.

But pretty soon we will all replaced by chatGPT anyways.

I personally know a few partners who think 1:6 or 1:8 supervision is no less safe than 1:2-1:4, and some say they never want to “sit on a stool” ever again if they can avoid it. These aren’t necessarily bad anesthesiologists either; they’re actually quite capable. They just don’t mind making money off of the back of others if it means a more comfortable practice for themselves.

This is the root of the problem in this field, along with the fact that a lot of academic anesthesiologists aren’t even capable of doing a simple case themselves without freaking out the whole time.

“We” shot ourselves in the foot and have nobody else to blame. Pure greed ruined us.

Reactions: 3 users