Dalhousie DDS

DAJ

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to the Dalhousie Dental School DDS program in Nova Scotia, Canada. The purpose of this post is to potentially shed some light on the school and my experience. I decided to apply a year early and only applied to this one school. Rather than applying through AADSAS, I applied through Dalhousie's website (it cost $70CAD/$54USD). I couldn't find a lot of information as an international applicant, but I'm convinced that Dalhousie is a hidden gem!

DAT: Taken 8/8/2018
Applied: 9/26/2018
Interview: 11/26/2018
Accepted: 12/5/2018

Note: Dalhousie is one of the only Canadian schools that accepts the US DAT

These are the main points why I chose Dalhousie:

- The clinical focus is outstanding. Dalhousie is the only school in Nova Scotia and so people travel great distances to receive care. Talking to the students, a shortage of patients has never been a concern for anybody. They use a group practice model that integrates dental hygiene students & dental assistants. The dental school is very reputable and has been open for over 100 years, but in January of 2018, they completed a renovation of the sim labs and clinics. This link showcases the school:

- Small class size. Dalhousie has a class size of 40 students, which means there is an impressive faculty to student ratio. There are only a couple of schools in the US (Harvard, Stony Brook) that have a smaller class size. They told me that they accept about 10 international students every year.

- Technology focus. Every student receives a MacBook Pro with their tuition and it has all the textbooks electronically. Students can access patient records through the laptop. They have also integrated CAD/CAM and other 3D imaging technology into the school.

- Reasonable tuition. Even as an international student, the tuition is very competitive with US schools. The amount of tuition can be found on their website, but keep in mind that if you're from the US you'd be paying in USD.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hi,
I just got an interview from Dal dental. Can you give me some tips about its interview?