Da

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

de297

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just cant imagine how in a laterotrusive movement(working,right or left) the lingual cusp of a maxillary second premolar passes thru the facial embrasure between the second premolar and the first molar as the decks state.
please help/just a week aaway.
am so worked up that i just cant think properly..

Members don't see this ad.

hi..
imo this is wrong..
CR is the position of condylle in their most unstrained position from lat movement can occur.the position is sup mos middle of the condyle in the fossa.

if u remember posslet diagram from icp to cr a retrusion needs to be occured.
main muscle to produce retraction is temporlais.. i would choose also med.pterygoid..(not sure in the second muscle)

i also agree wt u sinatra...
cR IS THE MOST RETRUDED POSITION OF MANDIBLE.
temporalis n med.pterygoid r the muscles for retrusion...
correct me iiw

hi..
imo this is wrong..
CR is the position of condylle in their most unstrained position from lat movement can occur.the position is sup mos middle of the condyle in the fossa.

if u remember posslet diagram from icp to cr a retrusion needs to be occured.
main muscle to produce retraction is temporlais.. i would choose also med.pterygoid..(not sure in the second muscle)
hi sinatra frank i aggery with you but.... in okeson book they have given the defination of CR what i mentioned before. so i am confused.
its a TMJ book and clearly they have mentioned so what you think the ans should be temporalis and medial pterygoid

hi sinatra frank i aggery with you but.... in okeson book they have given the defination of CR what i mentioned before. so i am confused.
its a TMJ book and clearly they have mentioned so what you think the ans should be temporalis and medial pterygoid

first of all i know the feeling..last year our gnathology teacher wanted us to learn 5 diffrent definition of CR..
let's us not argue on the exact cr defintion cause it is still underdebate.. but as for the muscles..

i just imagined the posslet diagram in my head..from icp u need to retrude the mandible (1mm or so..) the main retractor is post fibers of temporalis..so i would go for it..
im not sure for the second muscle..what do u say?

im with u on all this... i think medial pterygoid and temporalis is the right ans too