D4s: Job search 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natsipoo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are D4s searching for jobs in 2021?
- Word of Mouth
- Indeed\Dental Post etc
- Craigslist
- Corporate or other recruiters?
- Other

What pros or red flags do you look for in a job listing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
- Word of Mouth
- Indeed\Dental Post etc
- Craigslist
- Other

Is a job one of those things that pays you? Not sure what that feels like.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
- Word of Mouth
- Indeed\Dental Post etc
- Craigslist
- Other

Find a older dentist looking to retire soon, work with him and buy the practice or buy into the practice with him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Find a older dentist looking to retire soon, work with him and buy the practice or buy into the practice with him.

Sure. But what methods are people currently using to find these opportunities?

Sure. But what methods are people currently using to find these opportunities?
Your state, and county have job ads, you can also try indeed, craigslist, asking around, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with this if partnership ---> ownership is your goal. This was my plan when I graduated. The local dental association had a directory of all the member dentists. I could get an idea of their age based on when they graduated. With this information I set up lunches with as many OLD dentists (orthos) as I could.

It's been mentioned before. The local dental reps usually have a good idea on who is selling, retiring soon, or looking to hire.

As for Corp. All the typical internet sites. That's how I found my Corp job.

A lot of the dental societies (Local and state) will either have a newsletter with job listings or a place to look at active listings. They will also have advertisements for the consultants active in the area that are listing practices for sale/transition.

You might consider reaching out to a dental recruiter in your area. I found my job through them.

For clarification, I'm not looking for a job. I'm looking to cut back from 4-5days down to 2 days/week by hiring an associate.
I'm just trying to figure out the best places to search\post.

I haven't been in job search mode in quite some time, so I'm not sure of the most popular avenues nowadays.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses. :)