D.O step 1 236 with no research, programs in nyc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medical Seed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am OMS3. According to 2020 charting outcomes I think I may be able to match into radiology program, but I am just concerned that I got lower than the average rad step 1 score (241) T_T... I hope I can stay in nyc, but heard that nyc programs are more competitive. Are there rad programs accepting mid 230s in nyc?

I appreciate all your replies..

Members don't see this ad.

Maimonides and SUNY downstate come to mind.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a solid tool to use when looking for programs:

You just plug in your stats and filter for programs in different states; makes it super simple.
Thank you for the comment. I just plugged in my stats and I don't think it is trustworthy (?) since they are saying my step 1 236 belongs to middle 50% of matched applicants in nyu, mount sanai and ny presbyterian hospital columbia program .. which definitely not. :/

Thank you for the comment. I just plugged in my stats and I don't think it is trustworthy (?) since they are saying my step 1 236 belongs to middle 50% of matched applicants in nyu, mount sanai and ny presbyterian hospital columbia program .. which definitely not. :/

I think the categories they use (way below, <25%, middle 50%, upper 25%, way above) are kinda broad sometimes. They use info directly from the match though as far as I know; you may very well be between the 25th percentile and 75th percentile with that score. It just gives you a ballpark comparison.

I think the categories they use (way below, <25%, middle 50%, upper 25%, way above) are kinda broad sometimes. They use info directly from the match though as far as I know; you may very well be between the 25th percentile and 75th percentile with that score. It just gives you a ballpark comparison.
sounds great. Hope I can match into any decent programs in nyc :) Thank you!

sounds great. Hope I can match into any decent programs in nyc :) Thank you!

Columbia, NYU and sinai are not super DO friendly. Hope you broke the mold.

236 from HMS or Stanford is very different from 236 from a DO school.

Reactions: 1 users