D in nonprereq, academic update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmislyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so just got grades back from this past semester. It was a rough one. So I thought I was going way better in biochem than my professor did. I ended up getting a D. This isn't a required prerequisite for the schools I applied to, but will it still look really bad that I got a D? I don't have time to retake the class before next fall.
Also, I got a 2.0 overall this semester, two C, a B, and a D. So my GPA right now is a 3.65 but I know adding thes courses will bring it down to a 3.4 or so. And it will who some nasty letters (c and d). Should I wait until February to submit my academic update? That way the schools will already possibly send me interview invites and accept me before my grades are updated? Or can they revoke my acceptance once they see I got a D in biochem? Or should I just send in my update and hope they still want me after seeing this?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I have been told, by Nova and UW, they can take back an admissions offer if they don't consider you a good candidate anymore. Therefore, if once you do your academic update they dont find you a fit for their program they can take it back. Which is why they want you to still keep trying hard and getting good grades. About waiting until February or not it's completely up to you. Try to find out how the school you're applying to feel about this. Good luck!