Academic Resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MegaRave214

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an email from a professor from an old institution I attended years ago asking if I had an academic resume of sorts. The professor has agreed to complete the evaluation for my PharmCAS application previously.

I do not have an academic resume. I have attended more than one institution due to moving every couple of years because of my husbands job. I have no idea how to begin or what I should even say to my professor.

Should I state that I do not have an academic resume due to the number of schools I have attended or should I send a rough draft of one? What the heck would an academic resume look like? I am old please help :) I do not even know where to begin. Any advice will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Here are some links that may help you:
What Is the Difference Between a Resume and an Academic CV? | LiveCareer
Resumes and CVs | Graduate School
Writing an effective academic CV

And here is a link to some templates, but this is less professional than the others so tread with some caution:
Academic Resumes

Here is another link to templates that is rather specifically targetted, but hopefully you can still find some use for it!
Samples for Academic Positions | UCSF Career

An 'academic resume' is an interesting request. Are you sure he didn't mean a CV? Almost everything I'm reading declares a distinction. It's entirely possible he wants the content of a CV (research, positions, education) with the format of a resume (only 1 page)? Or perhaps it's an industry standard I'm not aware of--I'm still an undergrad! Regardless, it should be more than just a list of classes at school, it's a professional document tailored to the opening (in this case, your application). It may include things like relevant classes, important positions on teams, relevant research, experience, or volunteering.

Hope this helps!