Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we should play an elaborate prank on the prepharm board. Let's make them all think that no PharmDs will be granted between the years 2011-2015 becasue the FDA has mandated that pharmacy education needs to be studied before people continue to graduate.
Anything that drives people off is a bad idea. If you want to prank them, do something harmless.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
food on a stick is bad mmkay

I played a lot of golf since Friday... and I'm tired now.

So WVU is #4 in the latest BCS. Aubrun's schedule is weaker than WVU's for the rest of the season, so they aren't gonna over take WVU. #1 OSU plays #2 UM. That means #3 has to lose some time in the next two months and WVU is heading to Glendale, AZ for the MNC. And who is #3? USC. Sorry, Z, your team is my new "most hated team in the country." I hope you lose...but if it has to happen, I hope it isn't to Notre Dame. I hate them more than insurance cards.

Well I am sure that with the romper room schedule WVU has they won't be #4 for very long.

So WVU is #4 in the latest BCS. Aubrun's schedule is weaker than WVU's for the rest of the season, so they aren't gonna over take WVU. #1 OSU plays #2 UM. That means #3 has to lose some time in the next two months and WVU is heading to Glendale, AZ for the MNC. And who is #3? USC. Sorry, Z, your team is my new "most hated team in the country." I hope you lose...but if it has to happen, I hope it isn't to Notre Dame. I hate them more than insurance cards.

hatred is bad

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop ruining my fun.

Hey, Z, come up with a good prank, we'll all be in on it.

In WV, we could probably pull it off.. but for the rest of the world...it's much more effective if we don't announce the intention of prank before we do it...

They never come over here. It would be very effective, like announcing a plan to prank USC grads at a Mensa meeting.

only a non mensa would make this sort of assumption..

Who the hell joins Mensa, anyway?

"Look at me I have all this potential that I probably failed to harness and I use this club to compensate....woohoo...."

"Look at me I have all this potential that I probably failed to harness and I use this club to compensate....woohoo...."

No one you would know..

Trojans having difficult time finding holes on Beaver's Defense and the Endzone..

I've been on the Tampa Bay Mensa Executive Committee since 1985. I'm not just a member. I was Loc Sec (president) until I resigned my position to start school. :p

Haha, USC lost.

Now all WVU has to do is beat Louisville, Rutgers, and Pitt and they are in the big game. That's not exactly an easy thing to do, unfortunately....

Haha, USC lost.

Now all WVU has to do is beat Louisville, Rutgers, and Pitt and they are in the big game. That's not exactly an easy thing to do, unfortunately....

I predicted 2 conference losses for SC this year... came earlier than I thought.. Maybe next year!

Oh yeah... Powerhouse Navy..

OK....I just got back from shopping & funny.....here is this thread - STILL:p

Does anyone want to take a little bet on how many pages it will go until the bowl games are over???? Its 4 pages now...hmmmm Jan 1, 2....or do we go all the way to the Super Bowl??

What's your best guess????? (I'm sure there is a formula someone can come up with: (X # of games per weekend x the interest generated as the season get closer to ending x the amount of time off Zpak & WVU & Cyclo have...) - are those the only variables????

Oh & Spiriva - I got some great deals!!! (my coupons ended today....not to worry - more will come by Christmas)!

(I apologize for the hijack:D )

Oh....and thank you all for not making horrible comments on my 49ers - they are sooooooo bad:eek: !

OK....I just got back from shopping & funny.....here is this thread - STILL:p

Does anyone want to take a little bet on how many pages it will go until the bowl games are over???? Its 4 pages now...hmmmm Jan 1, 2....or do we go all the way to the Super Bowl??

What's your best guess????? (I'm sure there is a formula someone can come up with: (X # of games per weekend x the interest generated as the season get closer to ending x the amount of time off Zpak & WVU & Cyclo have...) - are those the only variables????

Oh & Spiriva - I got some great deals!!! (my coupons ended today....not to worry - more will come by Christmas)!

(I apologize for the hijack:D )

Oh....and thank you all for not making horrible comments on my 49ers - they are sooooooo bad:eek: !

This thread will keep going even after the football season.. thread about really nothing. Then by the time people forget about the thread..it will go live again next football season.. or until cycloketoaine gets her PharmD.

This thread will keep going even after the football season.. thread about really nothing. Then by the time people forget about the thread..it will go live again next football season.. or until cycloketoaine gets her PharmD.

Oh my gosh! You mean you're going to go on thru car racing (what is that called:oops: ), basketball and.........back again to baseball:scared: ? It just ended!!!!

I don't shop that much!!! I guess I'll have to read a journal or something:smuggrin:

I'll be sure to get Cycloketoaine a graduation present - I can't wait - do we have a date on the calendar yet????:p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Uf in the big game!!! I call it right now. Strength of season - nobody has it harder than UF. They are going to win the SEC. Ohio state plays michigan, so somebody has to drop... Loui beats WVU - I cant remember how many ranked teams WVU has played... oh yeah... ZERO - why even bother placing them in the top 10 (or loui for that matter)???

My only fear is that Loui jumps us in the BCS for beating a top 5 team. I know its a long shot right now - but its close to happening.

Who is with me in supporting the Gators!!!

~above~:D

Loui beats WVU - I cant remember how many ranked teams WVU has played... oh yeah... ZERO - why even bother placing them in the top 10 (or loui for that matter)???

My only fear is that Loui jumps us in the BCS for beating a top 5 team. I know its a long shot right now - but its close to happening.

~above~:D

Are you talking smack about my cardinals????? :smuggrin:

:laugh:

ZERO - why even bother placing them in the top 10 (or loui for that matter)???

Because they are better than Florida and that watered down imitation of a WVU spread offense they run with that watered down imitation of Pat White, Chris Leak.

WVU AND UL would kick the crap out of any SEC team. You saw what WVU did to the SEC champ last year in Atlanta. They are the exact same team with more experience. The SEC is just smoke and mirrors. They play a weak OOC schedule and then play each other and everyone just assumes that their teams' schedule is hard automatically because the SEC is always hard. This circular logic is great for the SEC because if the SEC had a down year nobody would know it. What are the SEC's big OOC games? Arkansas got their asses handed to them by USC? What other than that? Florida plays Florida State...that was a big deal 10 years ago. FSU is playing like a 1-AA team this year. Tennessee beat Cal, but they are not that great, anyway.

I fear Louisville, though. They can beat WVU. I think they are favorites, actually. Their D is fast, their O is top 3 in the country, the home crowd will be nutso. Tune in Thursday night, you'll see some fireworks.

GO CARDS!

L YES!!!!

:love:

Have you gone to the dark side too All???????

Is there anyone left out there who doesn't ....... (care:scared: )?

Oooh - I'm so sorry - that's blasphemy here I think:oops:

I'm voting.......hmmmmmmm 7 pages & you'll all get tired!:D

WVU is not better than UF.

WVU will be exposed once you play a real defense.

Why?

I expect a detailed answer. Don't give me the the tired "WVU hasn't played anybody" or the "one-dimensional offense" crap. They are both vacuous arguments that I can destroy with little effort. I want a good, thought out, rational argument as to WHY UF matches up so well with WVU. Why would UF stop the read option? Do their linebackers, DEs, and safeties have the maturity, talent, and speed to take on the 1-on-1 matchups the read option creates? Do you know anything at all about the read option? Do you know why putting 9 in the box is counter-productive in the read option?

I'm not saying WVU won't beat UL, that's a given. UL is damn good. So if it happens on Thursday, no I told you sos are necessary. They have the horses. UL could beat WVU, but UL could whip Florida, too. You're just a typical bourgeois football fan. I know your type and I know your logic. The Big East can't play, blah, blah. You sound like the Georgia fans last year. They said WVU would be introduced to SEC speed and toughness on defense and would get mauled. Steve Slaton introduced the SEC champs to 220 rushing yards and 3 TDs. One would think that would have shut up the football world, but, sadly, the football world just ignored it and pretended it didn't happen. So, I have to go around listening to this crap..again...and you will all ignore it...again. There was an article written on the phenomenon:

The sweet and poignant aspect of this event is that it puts college football outsiders inside the grand palace hall. These are rich kids (as said above), but they're the nouveau riche, the t-shirt-and-jean-short-wearing rebels who threaten the power establishment instead of bowing to its conventions. West Virginia and Louisville have resided in the top ten while figuring in preseason national title conversations over the past two years (UL in 2005, WVU this year). They dominate their conference.

This confrontation on Nov. 2 has been greatly anticipated all year, and both teams (especially UL) should take pride in their ability to enter this matchup unbeaten. But in comparison to the rest of college football and its other BCS conferences, these teams — being in the Big East, the league that embarrassed itself and the sport with past debacles from Syracuse and Pitt in major bowl games — find themselves outside the center of conversation. WVU and UL are indeed playing for supreme riches, but the old-money establishment won't be seen within sniffing distance of either team at a formal dinner party.

Most college football fans outside West Virginia and Kentucky think — at least from the e-mail I receive — that an unbeaten Big East team has no business being in Glendale in place of a one-loss team from the SEC, Big Ten, or Big XII. This means that while WVU and UL are rich kids in college football, they lack the social connections and dinner companions that make money go a lot farther in life. The Mountaineers and Cards are inside the palatial mansion with money to burn, but the attractive, well-placed and accomplished women of high society aren't choosing to be with them on cold Autumn nights. WVU and UL are filthy rich, but painfully alone and cut off from those who possess admiration, sex appeal, influence, and the other non-monetary trappings of wealth.

On Thursday night, West Virginia and Louisville will stage their own nouveau riche party in a state known for horses and stables. The beauty and impressiveness of this Bluegrass hoedown will determine if the rest of the college football world begins to respect the Big East the way it ought to. Should all this be the case? No. Is it the case? Yes

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6118632

unfortunetly that wont be until late december

Rutgers and Louisville play defense. Not that I expect a person with absolutely no knowledge of the football outside of the South to know that or anything. Rutgers held the #1 rushing team in the nation to pennies. If Rutgers had an offense, they would be lethal. BCS lethal. They have a decent running attack with Rice and Leonard, but it isn't as potent as it needs to be.

The Big East is legit. I know it hurts, but you guys are just going to have to accept it at some point in time.

Georgia was the better team last year. It was a huge let down for GA to play WVU... and it happens. That's why GA lost..same reason Cal lost to Texas Tech last year.

WVU is not the Nebraska of the 90's.. and won't win against defense with speed. UF runs a spread option offense which is more potent than WVU's one dimensional offense because of their ability to pass downfield.

As long as WVU is leading and can grind out the clock, they'll win. But it won't happen with a team with run defense. Once WVU gets down a few TDs, their inability to score quick will hurt them. Let's be honest, WVU really hasn't played anyone with defense.

Big East reminds me of the early 90's watered down Southwest conference where Texas A&M would go undefeated with their weak non-conference schedule only to lose in the Bowl games against decent teams. I of course argued that SWC was not weak with Texas and Arkansas.. but I digress.

I'm not saying WVU sucks. It's phenomenal what they have done with very little talent in recruiting... I think White and Slayton were only 3 stars out of HS...

WVU has to prove us wrong by beating several ranked teams...

Rutgers and Louisville play defense. Not that I expect a person with absolutely no knowledge of the football outside of the South to know that or anything. Rutgers held the #1 rushing team in the nation to pennies. If Rutgers had an offense, they would be lethal. BCS lethal. They have a decent running attack with Rice and Leonard, but it isn't as potent as it needs to be.

The Big East is legit. I know it hurts, but you guys are just going to have to accept it at some point in time.
Yeah...nothing like picking on a lowly independent like Navy. Yeah, they got the #1 rushing offense in the country. Who did they play? Oh yeah, the powerhouses of East Carolina, Stanford (those scary trees!), Tulsa (wtf is a golden hurricane anyway?), uconn, Air Force with their God Fearing coach, and then Rutgers.

Rutgers, WVU, and UL are playing in a small pond. How can you call that a major conference when a team like USF could of been last years Big East Conference Champion. It would be much more impressive if one of the teams ran the table with the likes of Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College in the conference but alas those days are over.

Georgia was the better team last year. It was a huge let down for GA to play WVU... and it happens. That's why GA lost..same reason Cal lost to Texas Tech last year.

No it wasn't. If it was, how would you know this? The better team won. You know how I know this? Because the team that wins is always better by definition. Georgia is lucky Rodriguez went all conservative starting halfway into the 2nd quarter and WVU's secondary stopped playing or else it would have been 56-7.

WVU is not the Nebraska of the 90's.. and won't win against defense with speed. UF runs a spread option offense which is more potent than WVU's one dimensional offense because of their ability to pass downfield.

Maybe you should look at WVU's pass efficiency. Last game when UCONN tried your logic, they loaded 9 in the box horizontally. White hit Bolden for a 52 yard TD on 1-on-1 coverage. If you only pass 9 or 10 times a game, you do not look like a huge passing team and people will automatically assume you can't pass. If you investigated what happens when WVU DOES throw the ball, you will see that they are actually quite efficient. Also, you say that WVU can't beat a team with speed. They beat a UGA that had "SEC" speed. They had several players that are now in the NFL on defense.

As long as WVU is leading and can grind out the clock, they'll win. But it won't happen with a team with run defense. Once WVU gets down a few TDs, their inability to score quick will hurt them. Let's be honest, WVU really hasn't played anyone with defense.

Last year when WVU was down 17 in the 4th quarter against Louisville, they came back and won. All it took was the insertion of White and Slaton.

Big East reminds me of the early 90's watered down Southwest conference where Texas A&M would go undefeated with their weak non-conference schedule only to lose in the Bowl games against decent teams. I of course argued that SWC was not weak with Texas and Arkansas.. but I digress.

Yeah, except the whole beating the SEC champs last year thing. But, really, does Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame have that hard of a schedule, either? WVU plays two top 15 teams in the next month and a half.

I'm not saying WVU sucks. It's phenomenal what they have done with very little talent in recruiting... I think White and Slayton were only 3 stars out of HS...

Slaton 3, White 2. Current NFL stars Chris Henry and PacMan Jones were BOTH 1-star. But stars are overrated. Those recruiting websites don't take what system the players are going to into consideration. A QB like, say, Brady Quinn would be worse at WVU than Pat White. Obviously Quinn will be an NFL QB and White (probably) won't, but they are both perfect for the systems they run.

WVU has to prove us wrong by beating several ranked teams...

We'll see. They play Rutgers and UL. Top 15 teams. I guarantee you Maryland will be in the ACC title hunt at the end of the year, too.