CV for First Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroticByN8ure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a PGY-2 looking to start the search for outpatient, nonacademic jobs in family medicine. I need to update my CV, and I imagine that the most important things to convey are the following: ability to commit long-term to the practice, willingness to work hard to provide excellent care (and generate large volumes of RVUs), and passion for my work. I was debating on whether or not to including a couple of items:
-Step scores: I did fairly well on these (>250 on step I and II), but I imagine it would be quite tacky to include this on a CV.
-High School work: I worked in a food court (and eventually was a part-time manager) from middle school until my clinical work as a freshman in college. I feel like I can market this as my ability to stick with an employer for a long period of time, but I can imagine that most people would laugh at a fast food job on a CV for a physician.

My plan is to build a practice in the St. Louis area (family ties) and work there until I die or retire (65+). I feel like this long-term commitment should get me job offers, but what else do employers want to hear from applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

You shouldn’t have difficulty finding a job. Thus your commitment level to staying in the area is something you can talk about during the interview. I definitely would not include your step scores or any jobs in high school or college.

Reactions: 1 users
Education history, no further back than college.

Awards yes (AOA, cum laude), GPA/test scores no.

Any certifications: ACLS, nexplanon, Suboxone, and so on.

that's all you need to get in the door. You talk about long-term commitments and anything like that at the actual interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Education history, no further back than college.

Awards yes (AOA, cum laude), GPA/test scores no.

Any certifications: ACLS, nexplanon, Suboxone, and so on.

that's all you need to get in the door. You talk about long-term commitments and anything like that at the actual interview.
publications?