cutoffs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minnime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Speaking of step I and II scores and residency programs..Is there a website I can go to where the hospitals list their cut off points (if they have it)? If not, what is the general range for each residency programs ( I know it varys on which program, but can we say for Peds minimum of say 200??)
Any info will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
minnime

Members don't see this ad.

For Internal Medicine, it was common to see advertised (ie on the website, etc) cutoffs of the following 2-digit scores: 80(~195), 82(~200) and
85(~210). It seems as if the advertised cut-offs are not always followed, esp in cases of US vs IMGs, local applicants, etc. It's best to ask.
This questions is difficult to answer from a generalist perspective. It would be best for you to contact each program individually and give them a brief summary of your performance (highlighting your Step scores) and ask them if you still qualify for an interview. This should be a fast process once you have the general template down.