Step 2 CS raised cutoff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doyouhaveaflag

No flag, no country
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere (I attempted a search!). I knew people were talking about a raised cutoff but it looks like they officially announced on Aug 4th that they plan to increase the minimum score cutoff in all three subsections to a level that will potentially fail 3% more US students and 8% more international. Effective for test takers after Sept 10th.

This just seems cruel and unusual. And also totally unnecessary. There doesn't seem to be any transparency for their rationale in doing this.

Anyone know if they intend to open up more test dates for the many more people who will now need to retake this thing?

United States Medical Licensing Examination | Announcements

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere (I attempted a search!). I knew people were talking about a raised cutoff but it looks like they officially announced on Aug 4th that they plan to increase the minimum score cutoff in all three subsections to a level that will potentially fail 3% more US students and 8% more international. Effective for test takers after Sept 10th.

This just seems cruel and unusual. And also totally unnecessary. There doesn't seem to be any transparency for their rationale in doing this.

Anyone know if they intend to open up more test dates for the many more people who will now need to retake this thing?

United States Medical Licensing Examination | Announcements
Med students and doctors: "Step II CS is useless cause it's too easy and everyone passes. The only solution is to cancel it!"
USMLE: "Hmmm..too easy? Oh we can fix that..."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh god help the U.S. Grads walking around with a step 2CS fail. I really hope for the students sakes that residencies won't care a lot if they have that red flag.

Step 2 CS isnt easy lol.. In both ways it aint as easy as they say... It aint even easy on the wallet.. Much much more harder for the wallet...

it's basically a money grab...I mean they don't let us know how exactly it's scored, give us very few details about the exam, period. yet most people end up passing...