Csulb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAbruin08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At first, I wasn't even considering a MPT program, but with the costs of DPT program, getting a MPT might just been what I might eventually do. However, I'm not too familiar with CSULB's MPT program and was wondering if anyone had any opnions, info, just anythign to say about them. I know that you're conditionally admitted until you finish their BIOL and HHS prerequisite courses, which is why their program is 3 years other than 2. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I'm an undergrad at CSULB and I'm taking the BIOL class now and the applied anatomy class in the fall. I'm not exactly sure what info you are looking for, so feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

I was going to tell you to pm kcgregor, but he/she beat me to it. I went to one of the info sessions last year and the facilities look decent. I got a chance to speak with two of the faculty and they were pretty nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody been accepted, waitlisted or rejected from CSULB yet? I am still waiting and crossing my fingers till the end of April.....

PS: Go Lakers if anybody is Laker fan!

I was accepted on April 1st via email. I thinks heresba couple who've been accepted on SDN as well

Congrats UCLA. Do you think you will be attending? Also, what have you heard about the program?

Thanks! As of right now I'm attending CSULB, I sent the notification letter in since they don't require a deposit and thought I should secure myself a spot somewhere (I'm on the waitlist of Chapman). I received my financial aid awards letter from CSULB and let me just say that it is wayyyy cheaper than some DPT programs.

As for the program, this is what I learned from kcgregor and a couple of friend I have at CSULB. If you aren't an undergrad from CSULB, then there are about 8 prerequisite courses you have to take in your first year of graduate study, which is why you're conditionally admitted to their program. This is kind of why I was apprehensive about attending here. I hear that most of them are extremely hard, and I believe Anatomy and Physio are the toughest classes but should give you a strong background later on. Which is why the MPT program is 3 years instead of 2. I'm not too sure as to why you're looking to find out about, but if you pm kcgregor, you should have a lot of questions answered since he's an undergrad there.