Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys also apply for their OTD program?

I haven’t officially applied since the application isn’t out yet, but I did fill out the interest form. What about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also submitted the OTD interest form a couple of months ago.

For those that were admitted, care to share your stats while the rest of us anxiously await our decisions? 😄

I haven’t officially applied since the application isn’t out yet, but I did fill out the interest form. What about you?
Are you planning on accepting your seat in the MSOT program or are you still planning on pursuing the OTD?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to those who got in!! mine is still under review ;-;

Attachments

• DB1BA6DF-1BA2-4E17-8801-0CC923737C0A.jpeg
    DB1BA6DF-1BA2-4E17-8801-0CC923737C0A.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: 1 users
Mine says I was admitted!! Haven’t received an official email so I’m trying not to get too excited yet lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Mine says I was admitted!! Haven’t received an official email so I’m trying not to get too excited yet lol
Congratulations to you and all admitted. Let's hope they will notify all applicants by tomorrow.

Congrats everyone on your acceptances! You all worked very hard to get to this point and should be super proud!

My status hasn’t changed either - still trying to stay hopeful :’)

when did you guys submit your apps? maybe mine is taking long because i submitted it end of august.

Last edited:
I submitted mine on September 1st. But remember, they said they'll notify applicants up until Nov. 30th. Crossing my fingers for you all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I submitted mine on September 15th

Application was submitted on Sept. 14. I think the notification will continue to end of November. Cross fingers for all of us...
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone..

Hi I just checked, and I have been admitted! It's been a long road, best of luck to everyone

• Care
OMG I GOT IN!!! Can't wait to meet all of you guys! For those still waiting, don't lose hope!! I was so anxious and frantic this entire week, good things will come :))

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
My status has been changed to “you have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll” I hope we get emails with more information soon! So exciting! Best of luck to those who are still waiting. Please keep us updated if anyone gets more acceptances/official acceptance emails😊

OMG I GOT IN!!! Can't wait to meet all of you guys! For those still waiting, don't lose hope!! I was so anxious and frantic this entire week, good things will come :))
Awesome!! 😎 this whole month has been so stressful 😄 I’m glad the wait is finally over! I can’t wait to meet you all as well

omg after checking my student portal over and over again... my status finally changed! I've been admitted!

I hope everyone here continues to receive good news!

My status has been changed to “you have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll” I hope we get emails with more information soon! So exciting! Best of luck to those who are still waiting. Please keep us updated if anyone gets more acceptances/official acceptance emails😊
I just checked mine again and it also changed to "you have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll"

omg after checking my student portal over and over again... my status finally changed! I've been admitted!

I hope everyone here continues to receive good news!
congrats!!!

• Care
Yay!! Congrats everyone :) crossing my fingers for everyone who is still waiting

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I received the acceptance email from csudh this morning

Just received the email this morning, I'M IN!!! Congrats to everyone regardless of the results for all the effort we put in, wishing everyone the best of luck and can't wait to meet y'all soon :)))

For those admitted, does anyone want to create a group chat? So we can discuss orientation, applying for classes, etc? :)

For those admitted, does anyone want to create a group chat? So we can discuss orientation, applying for classes, etc? :)
Sure! You wanna do it on GroupMe or another platform?

I got my admission status changed to admitted and I got the university email too! Haven’t received anything from the department yet though

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Regardless whatever the results, please know that you are part of the exceptionally talented group here, preparing and ready for another long journey, whatever it might be..
Best wishes...

I got my admission status changed to admitted and I got the university email too! Haven’t received anything from the department yet though
The department response probably won't come soon until next week or after. From admission site, they said possibly within 3 weeks...

Hi everyone, I made a discord group for those of us who’ve been accepted and want to discuss the program and orientation, etc! Pls join using the link above! Also, if anyone is interested I can share my stats/background so that others can get an idea of what to expect when applying?

Hi! Did anyone else send an interest form for the OTD program and get a call from the department today?

Congrats to everyone who was admitted! That is amazing! I wanted to ask what you think made you stand out and for any advice when I apply next year! I’m also curious what your # of observation hours were and if 150 hours between 3 settings is enough??? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who was admitted! That is amazing! I wanted to ask what you think made you stand out and for any advice when I apply next year! I’m also curious what your # of observation hours were and if 150 hours between 3 settings is enough??? Thanks!
I volunteered 300 hours across 3 different settings (SNF, school, pediatrics) split pretty evenly between them. I think 150 hours is fine, and the fact that they're in diverse settings is a plus! I can't really say for sure what the admissions team is looking for, but I made sure my essay responses were unique and my GRE scores were high enough. I recommend studying/starting your apps early and having lots of people review them!

Hey y’all! So i got waitlisted but wish me luck !!

They are waiting until Dec 7th for all admitted students' responses to confirm their commitments to the program. Afterwards, if space is available, they will pull the waitlisted applicants. Cross fingers for you...

Hello!

Congratulations to everyone admitted! For those still waiting- as I was- I was notified of being waitlisted, Thursday December 1st. Saturday December 10th, I received an email of admittance into the program. As it states in the waitlist letter, the window of acceptance is open until January 12th, there is still a chance, I do not have the best "numbers", but it happened!

• Care
Congratulations to all who were accepted! Can someone tell me when is the first day of the program? TYSM!

Congratulations to all who were accepted! Can someone tell me when is the first day of the program? TYSM!
The first day of class will be Tuesday Jan. 17th

Hey everyone! Now that it's been a week, can you share some insight for future applicants?

It seems like in reviewing the stats of the past few years the majority of accepted students had a 4.0 prerequisite GPA or very close to it. And those that didn't had high GRE scores. Does that seem true for this year's cohort?

Hey everyone! Now that it's been a week, can you share some insight for future applicants?

It seems like in reviewing the stats of the past few years the majority of accepted students had a 4.0 prerequisite GPA or very close to it. And those that didn't had high GRE scores. Does that seem true for this year's cohort?
Hi! Sorry this is kind of late but I didn't have the highest prereq GPA, out of the 6 required courses I had 2 As and 4 Bs but my GRE scores were pretty good (meaning somewhat above the requirement lol), so it depends! But I would recommend having a one or the other be a strong suit for your app. Also short answers!