Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2022 Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they are sending in batches again this year? (even though they mentioned otherwise?) I'm so happy for you guys but feeling a little discouraged.

Do you guys think they are sending in batches again this year? (even though they mentioned otherwise?) I'm so happy for you guys but feeling a little discouraged.
I feel like they're not sending it in "batches" per se like in the past where there was like a week or so In between notifications, but slowly sending them out from today until Wednesday. at least that's what I'm hoping!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to those who have gotten in so far!! I really hope they send the rest out soon.... I'm going to be checking my status like every hour now 😅

Reactions: 1 user
I got in! Found out via email. Double checked the portal, it's also updated accordingly.
What does it look like on the portal? I know in previous forums people mentioned that it would say "admitted" but I wonder if that is still the same? :oops:

Admitted friends - care to share stats while the rest of us wait? 😊😊😊

What does it look like on the portal? I know in previous forums people mentioned that it would say "admitted" but I wonder if that is still the same? :oops:
the portal should say "you have been admitted to the university and you are not eligible to enroll". wishing you all the best of luck!! <3

Sure thing!

Bachelors in Public Health
GPA: 3.8 / Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: Verbal- 151 / Quant - 151 / Writing: 5.0
OT volunteer experiences: 350+ hours (my GRE scores weren't the best, so i tried to make it up with volunteer hours)
- 150 in a pediatric OT clinic/outpatient hospital
- 200 in adult rehabilitation

Letter of Recs: 2 OTs, 1 professor
Extracurriculars: Pre-OT Club, Sports Medicine Internship, ABA Therapy

Before applying to OT school, I would look at past forums to see accepted students' stats and get intimidated/insecure, trying to resemble their experiences/extracurriculars in some way. If any future applicants are currently reading this, I hope that you stay true to your own interests/passions to make your journey the most fulfilling it can be for YOURSELF. To current applicants waiting for your decisions, I'm wishing you all the best :) I'll be checking in often so we can be in this together!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A HUGE congratulations to those of you who were admitted! Hopefully we hear about more acceptances later on today! Good luck to everyone 🤞🏼

Reactions: 3 users
Sure! I received an email from the university saying that I've been admitted but haven't heard anything from the program quite yet so I'm hoping this means I'm admitted to the program as well!

Note: I am switching career paths and had a start to my career in marketing prior to finding OT!

Undergraduate degree: Public Relations and Advertising
Minor: Sociology
Undergrad GPA: 3.5
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: Quant 151/ Verbal 153 /Writing 4.0
Three letter of recs: 2 previous supervisors from my marketing job and 1 OT
Total OT volunteer hours: 130 (2 hand clinics)
Non-OT volunteer hours: child life volunteer at children's hospital and a handful of community service experiences

I was super nervous about my stats due to my career switch and feeling like I didn't stand out in any area. With that said please remember to keep your head up and remind yourself that you don't have to have a "perfect" application to get in!

Sure! I received an email from the university saying that I've been admitted but haven't heard anything from the program quite yet so I'm hoping this means I'm admitted to the program as well!

Note: I am switching career paths and had a start to my career in marketing prior to finding OT!

Non-OT volunteer hours: child life volunteer at children's hospital and a handful of community service experiences

I was super nervous about my stats due to my career switch and feeling like I didn't stand out in any area. With that said please remember to keep your head up and remind yourself that you don't have to have a "perfect" application to get in!

Hi @loveOT! Where were you able to accept your admissions decision? I've been looking everywhere on the portal and letter, but can't find an option to accept (I also don't see a deadline when we have to accept our offer by).

i refreshed the portal and saw that i had been admitted! hoping for you all to get good news as well today :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Congratulations!!

i refreshed the portal and saw that i had been admitted! i accepted the seat immediately!! hoping for you all to get good news as well today :)
Congratulations! So excited for you. Did you get an email this morning as well? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations! So excited for you. Did you get an email this morning as well? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?
sure! i actually have not gotten an email yet, so i'm a little nervous this could've been a mistake or something LOL. but here are my stats (not very impressive so i'm very grateful for the admission):

Major: Human Development
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
GRE: 316 (162 Quant/154 Verbal/4.5 Writing)
Letters of Rec: 1 Lecturer, 1 Professor/Research Director, 1 OT
Extracurricular: 1 year classroom aide, 1 year Tutor, 1 year research team leader
Volunteer: 40 Outpatient, 50+ School Setting

My status just changed to admitted as well!!!

For those of you who are still waiting, do not lose hope!

Reactions: 3 users
My status just changed to admitted as well!!!

For those of you who are still waiting, do not lose hope!
im trying to accept the admission on the portal but every time i click it, it just goes back to how it was originally. are you able to find the intent to entroll page?

Woooo!! I’m rooting for all of you!

Congratulations! I was wondering if you guys already submitted the fafsa application?

Congrats to those admitted!!!!!
For some reason I cannot access the page on my phone, it goes blank once I click “admission status” so I’ll have to check later or wait for an email.. anyone having this issue?

Congrats to those admitted!!!!!
For some reason I cannot access the page on my phone, it goes blank once I click “admission status” so I’ll have to check later or wait for an email.. anyone having this issue?
I think you have to use computer to load the page, it doesn't work on phones!

Hi yall! Congrats to those who've gotten accepted so far! I just checked my portal as well and my status changed to "you have been admitted into the university." At first, I thought I was offered admission but now I'm not so sure? I tried to accept the offer and pay the intent to enroll deposit but it only allowed me an option to return to the student portal main page. I tried different browsers, incognito, and my phone but no luck, so I called the admissions office and I was told that the intent to enroll fee is only for undergraduate students and that I should wait to hear back from the actual OT department for more information on how to move forward. I haven't received an email from the OT department yet so I'm wondering if I just need to wait it out or...? Any advice would help haha

Hi yall! Congrats to those who've gotten accepted so far! I just checked my portal as well and my status changed to "you have been admitted into the university." At first, I thought I was offered admission but now I'm not so sure? I tried to accept the offer and pay the intent to enroll deposit but it only allowed me an option to return to the student portal main page. I tried different browsers, incognito, and my phone but no luck, so I called the admissions office and I was told that the intent to enroll fee is only for undergraduate students and that I should wait to hear back from the actual OT department for more information on how to move forward. I haven't received an email from the OT department yet so I'm wondering if I just need to wait it out or...? Any advice would help haha
Did the admissions office confirm that you were accepted? Is there a chance that we got admitted into the university but not the OT program? If that is the case I would be so sad...

looking through last year's thread, it seems that most people who got accepted into the university got the email from the OT department next day. i feel i may have celebrated too early and am scared i just got my hopes up ahh.

Did the admissions office confirm that you were accepted? Is there a chance that we got admitted into the university but not the OT program? If that is the case I would be so sad...
I was so out of my mind I forgot to even ask if I was actually accepted 😓 however, like sproutsprout mentioned, I also went digging into last year's thread and saw someone say this in response to not receiving an email immediately after their portal said they were accepted: "That happened to me as well! I called the graduate admissions department because I was confused, and they told me I was admitted to the program as well, the emails were just out of sync. You're most likely admitted to the program, but you should give them a call for some peace of mind. I didn't receive my OT acceptance until hours later." So fingers crossed once again that we'll hear back from the department via email soon 😭

Guys I just got in!!! It's been a long road 😭 I'm not seeing the intent to enroll page either, but I'm sure we'll be receiving an email with further instructions. Congrats to everyone who got in! And for everyone that is still waiting to hear back, don't lose hope! Everyone worked so hard to get here, and I'm sure we will be hearing more good news from yall soon.

Reactions: 5 users
looking through last year's thread, it seems that most people who got accepted into the university got the email from the OT department next day. i feel i may have celebrated too early and am scared i just got my hopes up ahh.
I just read through them, and it looks like everyone who was accepted through their portal eventually got an email acceptance. So I think it is safe to assume we got in to the program as well?

I just read through them, and it looks like everyone who was accepted through their portal eventually got an email acceptance. So I think it is safe to assume we got in to the program as well?
I would think so as well because on the "Accept/Decline Admission page" it says that they are pleased to grant us admission into this certain program, not just the school.

I got admitted as well!!! (But no official email yet) I’ll share my stats when I get home if any of you are still interested.

Is anyone else open to creating a group chat or something?! Would love to meet my future classmates!

EDIT:
Major: Bachelors in Psychology | Minors: Child, Youth, and Family Studies & Education Studies
Undergrad GPA: 3.81 | Prerequisite GPA: 3.5 (not sure if I calculated this correctly)
Quantitative Score: 154 | Verbal Score: 154 | Writing: 6.0
Volunteer hours: 42 hours at a pediatric OT clinic, 28 hours (when I submitted) at another pediatric OT clinic, and the CSUDH OT workshop
Letter of recommendations: 1 from BCBA, 1 from assistant manager, 1 from work supervisor (did not have enough volunteer hours for me to request a LOR from clinics)
Extracurriculars: Behavior Therapist, Student Tutor, sorority member, secretary for greek council, Pre-OT member

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I got admitted as well!!! (But no official email yet) I’ll share my stats when I get home if any of you are still interested.

Is anyone else open to creating a group chat or something?! Would love to meet my future classmates!
i'm down for a group chat! since spring sem starts so early, i think it's good to start discussing potential housing too!

Congrats! Let's do it! Maybe a groupme?

Eagerly awaiting a confirmation email, but my application status changed to admitted :love:

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations to everyone that got admitted into the program! I'm so happy and excited for you! :D

Received my official letter by email 1 hour ago! I also checked my status on the csudh website early this morning and found out that I was accepted way before the actual email came in. If you're in the same boat, just be patient! Congrats to everyone who got accepted~

Hi everyone! I created a GroupMe for Spring 2022 cohort. Here is the link!

EDIT: I decided Slack might be a better program to use. Please message me privately for the link!

Last edited:
Just received my official acceptance through email as well :,) Congratulations again to everyone else who has also been accepted, I can't wait to meet you all!

My stats:

Bachelors in Kinesiology specializing in Inclusive Physical Activities in Communities
Undergrad GPA: 3.4 / Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: Verbal-149 / Quant-147 / Writing-4.0
OT Experiences/Work:
-Over 900 hours (basically almost 2 years) volunteering/working as a therapy aide/receptionist at an outpatient OT clinic for upper extremities
-2 years as a research assistant doing undergraduate research; 2 different undergraduate research projects pertaining to special education/transition-aged students; presented at the NAPE conference
-Adapted aquatics instructor and mentor
-P.E. mentor for low-income elementary school students
-E.S.L. and computer instructor at a senior home

Letter of recs: 2 OTs and 1 professor
Extracurriculars: Pre-OT club

As you can see, my "numbers" aren't very strong. I had issues my first 2 years of undergrad and had to spend the rest of my years climbing my way back up which explains the lower than normal UG GPA and my GRE scores that barely make the cut. I truly did not think I was going to get in solely because of these numbers (like I was actually getting ready to start studying again for the GRE to retake it for the next cycle 😭) and also because I was comparing my numbers to those who have gotten in previous years. I'd like to think/hope that my experience, the LORs I received from my amazing mentors, and my responses to the application essay questions are what made my application worth the consideration. This just goes to show how holistic the admissions process really is so for those who have similar numbers, are still waiting, and are feeling discouraged, I hope this can serve as a bit of light and I will continue to wish for the best for y'all 😊

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing! I'm also changing careers, so I hope this might be useful for some --

Bachelors in English
Overall GPA: 3.8 / Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: 169 V, 161 Q, 4.5 AWA
Recs: current boss, former boss, mentor/friend from my college’s service-learning dept
Observation: I opted to take CSUDH’s Intro to OT workshop because of COVID, but I have been shadowing a school-based OT this semester
Extracurriculars: text banking for Yes on 16, learning Spanish, OT-related online courses (eg Autism Spectrum Disorder on Coursera), I also included a couple of committees/task forces I’m on at work

Checked the portal today around 12 pm pst and my status changed to admitted! And I received the official email from the OT department around 2 pm pst!!!!

Here are my stats for those that are interested. For me personally, looking at the threads of previous years' academic stats gave me some peace of mind and encouragement. For those that are still waiting, don't lose hope! I know how nerve-racking and anxiety-inducing this entire process can be. I'm rooting for all of y'all!!!! And for those newly admitted, CONGRATS YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!!!!!!!!

Major: Biological Sciences
Minor: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.62
Prerequisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: Quant 160 / Verbal 160 / Writing 5.5
Letter of Recs: 2 letters from my Supervisor and CEO of my previous youth basketball job, 1 letter from OT/Professor
OT volunteer hours: Took the online course "Foundations of Occupational Therapy" offered by CSUDH to waive the hours requirement
Extracurricular: Volunteer/observation hours @ a pediatric OT/PT center (60+ hours ongoing when I submitted my app, but now it's over 150 hours)