CSU-CVM-Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TopGun86

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Who else is applying to Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Good luck! are you applying to a dual degree or just the DVM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just DVM. I was considering dual for a while, but I've decided that if I want to pursue a PhD it will be further down the road from now.

Ok but they also have other dual degrees like MBA, MS and so forth

Hey guys! Im super excited (and nervous) to apply but I can't believe it's happening! CSU is my first choice! Are you guys planning on applying to any other school?

I'm applying this year as well!! Second time applicant, first time to CSU. Goodluck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be reapplying! (3rd time vet school/CSU applicant) I would absolutely love to go here, though my IS and the other schools I applied to would def take priority due to that tuition. I'm not interested in a dual-degree but I did try applying for the combined UAF/CSU program.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm applying this year as well!! Second time applicant, first time to CSU. Goodluck everyone!

Well, I truly hope you get in this time around and I admire your commitment and preservation during this tumultuous, yet rewarding process. I am a second time applicant but first time CSU applicant!

I'll be reapplying! (3rd time vet school/CSU applicant) I would absolutely love to go here, though my IS and the other schools I applied to would def take priority due to that tuition. I'm not interested in a dual-degree but I did try applying for the combined UAF/CSU program.[/QUOTE

Well, same goes to you my dear, I truly hope you get in this time around and I admire your commitment and preservation during this tumultuous, yet rewarding process. I am a second time applicant but first time CSU applicant!

Hello everyone!!! CSU is one of my top choices (minus that OOS tuition, yikes!) but I love everything about their program. Colorado is also looking into implementing a loan repayment program for rural veterinarians. Rural Veterinary Education Loan Repayment Program | Colorado General Assembly

this program has been going on for so many years but there aren't that many people who actually want to be a rural vet. I am planning on doing some global work for socio-economic countries

Hey everyone, I'm a second-time applicant and applying to CSU again! I went there for undergrad but I'm a Kansas resident. CSU is one of my top 2 schools for sure. I just wanted to share something that might be helpful - I know this isn't related to CSU, but Cornell has guidelines for evaluators writing eLORs, and so far they've been very helpful to the folks I've asked to be my evaluators (it may help them write a better letter). Even if you're not applying there, the guidelines are available on Cornell's website!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying this time around! Second time applicant, first time to CSU!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm applying this time around! Second time applicant, first time to CSU!
I am a secound time applicat, as well. It's kind of sucks :( I feel like I am getting too old

I am a secound time applicat, as well. It's kind of sucks :( I feel like I am getting too old
Never too old to go after what you want! haha so cheesy but it's true :)

I feel you! Haha there are times when I feel like I should be finished and I haven't even started!

Has anyone reported their official GRE scores yet? The CSU site says, "Official scores should be sent to CSU (code 4075-dept 0617) and additionally sent to (VMCAS code vmcas2187)." Does this mean we have to pay to send two separate score reports through ETS just for CSU?

Hii, this is my first time applying and will definitely be applying to CSU as my first choice. I will be moving out this August to get residency. That means getting a job and find an apartment. Kind of scary and stressful for me. :lurking:

Hii, this is my first time applying and will definitely be applying to CSU as my first choice. I will be moving out this August to get residency. That means getting a job and find an apartment. Kind of scary and stressful for me. :lurking:

Just a little reminder I'm not sure if you know. Just because you move out here to CO does not guarantee IS. They do sponsored and non sponsored and an instate person can be offered a non-sponsored seat so OSS tuition (not sure the exact circumstances around which this happens, but it does happen and just want you to be aware of that possibility).

Has anyone reported their official GRE scores yet? The CSU site says, "Official scores should be sent to CSU (code 4075-dept 0617) and additionally sent to (VMCAS code vmcas2187)." Does this mean we have to pay to send two separate score reports through ETS just for CSU?

I'm taking GRE next Tuesday and was wondering the same thing. I would assume it is what it is but was going to email CSU soon. Definitely a bummer for me if that is in fact the case because now it puts me over my 4 free score reports :/

Just a little reminder I'm not sure if you know. Just because you move out here to CO does not guarantee IS. They do sponsored and non sponsored and an instate person can be offered a non-sponsored seat so OSS tuition (not sure the exact circumstances around which this happens, but it does happen and just want you to be aware of that possibility).

I'm taking GRE next Tuesday and was wondering the same thing. I would assume it is what it is but was going to email CSU soon. Definitely a bummer for me if that is in fact the case because now it puts me over my 4 free score reports :/

Definitely call and ask! Last year Ohio State said the same thing (send to VMCAS and OSU), but when people called and asked, they said one or the other was fine.

Just emailed them will let you know the answer when I know!

Got email back from CSU today and GRE scores need to be sent to both.
It's all about the money. I JUSt don't see the point of sending the GRE scors to both places. It's nonsense! That's an extra $25 per school!

Remember, you have to establish domicile by the first day of matriculation. So by August 20th.

Can you guys tell me what CSU's supplemental application involves, or where I can find it on their website? I'm thinking of applying, but before paying the fee I want to make sure I have what they would require and just want to know how much pain might be lol

Can you guys tell me what CSU's supplemental application involves, or where I can find it on their website? I'm thinking of applying, but before paying the fee I want to make sure I have what they would require and just want to know how much pain might be lol
You can just google csu vet school. Then on their dvm page you can open the CSA is what they call it and look at it. You don't have to pay a fee until you submit. But it's transcript entry with hours of credits compared to work and essays along with demographic info essentially. 2018 - Colorado Supplemental Application (CSA)

Last edited:
Hi all, I am a first-time applicant to CSU as well as the combined UAF/CSU program! I'm a Colorado resident, but I spent a good deal of time working in Alaska. I'm very excited (and nervous) to apply for both programs. :)
Good Luck!

@Meemo23
This is off my CSA...this is also the C/O 2022 page for CSU. Also the question about GRE scores is on the Facebook APVMA page.
GRE SCORES

• we will use the self-reported scores in your application for evaluation purposes
  • the VMCAS website will not show receipt of GRE scores received at CSU
  • we are not currently tracking receipt of official GRE scores at CSU
  • SEP 30 – we will begin tracking receipt of official GRE scores
  • if they do not show as received on your CSU application status page, please resend so they are received at CSU by OCT 31
  • send to CSU at University code 4075 and dept 0617 AND send to VMCAS at code vmcas2187
  • in December, official scores will be used to verify all applicant self-reported/unofficial scores

@Meemo23
This is off my CSA...this is also the C/O 2022 page for CSU. Also the question about GRE scores is on the Facebook APVMA page.
GRE SCORES

• we will use the self-reported scores in your application for evaluation purposes
  • the VMCAS website will not show receipt of GRE scores received at CSU
  • we are not currently tracking receipt of official GRE scores at CSU
  • SEP 30 – we will begin tracking receipt of official GRE scores
  • if they do not show as received on your CSU application status page, please resend so they are received at CSU by OCT 31
  • send to CSU at University code 4075 and dept 0617 AND send to VMCAS at code vmcas2187
  • in December, official scores will be used to verify all applicant self-reported/unofficial scores
Super helpful ! Thank you so much

I was wondering if anyone had any input on Colorado's out of state acceptance. Looking through the posts with all of the stats it looks like everyone I read was rejected from CSU. But I didn't see any notes as to what reasoning the school gave and what to work on. I am highly interested in CSU, honestly it would be my first pick regardless of being OOS, and would love to present myself properly and hopefully successfully.. I'm wondering if any of my information/stats/extracurriculars relate to what they are looking for. Thanks in advance for all input!

I was wondering if anyone had any input on Colorado's out of state acceptance. Looking through the posts with all of the stats it looks like everyone I read was rejected from CSU. But I didn't see any notes as to what reasoning the school gave and what to work on. I am highly interested in CSU, honestly it would be my first pick regardless of being OOS, and would love to present myself properly and hopefully successfully.. I'm wondering if any of my information/stats/extracurriculars relate to what they are looking for. Thanks in advance for all input!
I can't help you with the what they look for exactly, but if you have seen the acceptance stats you start to piece together the numerous rejections. Last cycle I heard there were over 2000 applicants for CSU alone so the rejections definitely out number the acceptances. Sheer numbers says you could have been the perfect applicant and been rejected. Ex: If I give you 2000 applications and I take those same 2000 applications and we both have to pick 150 you and I are probably going to pick different people although some we will agree on. Then throw in the third person and which ever applications we all agree on are the ones that get to go to CSU. Check out their website they have a mission statement persay of the type of veterinarians they want as well as average accepted stats for C/O 2020. Application is 50% how you look on your VMCAS and supplemental and 50% on your MMI performance. Do you have an IS? May I ask why CSU is your top pick despite it being OSS especially if you have an IS?

Create a Strong DVM Application
Understanding the DVM Entrance Evaluation Process

These are the two links on their website pertaining to your question.

Compare Previous Admitted DVM Classes

Class stats from C/O 2020, they've yet to release last year's stats.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I can't help you with the what they look for exactly, but if you have seen the acceptance stats you start to piece together the numerous rejections. Last cycle I heard there were over 2000 applicants for CSU alone so the rejections definitely out number the acceptances. Sheer numbers says you could have been the perfect applicant and been rejected. Ex: If I give you 2000 applications and I take those same 2000 applications and we both have to pick 150 you and I are probably going to pick different people although some we will agree on. Then throw in the third person and which ever applications we all agree on are the ones that get to go to CSU. Check out their website they have a mission statement persay of the type of veterinarians they want as well as average accepted stats for C/O 2020. Application is 50% how you look on your VMCAS and supplemental and 50% on your MMI performance. Do you have an IS? May I ask why CSU is your top pick despite it being OSS especially if you have an IS?

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the response, I knew there was a large amount of applicants and people need to be weeded out. I just wasn't sure if there was also a common theme among some of them [need more large animal, more extracurriculars, exposure to exotics, etc.]. I had looked at their previous class stats and I stand right there among those numbers, so I felt like I atleast stood a chance applying and giving it a try, but then I saw all the rejections of students with 3.8-3.9 GPA, a good amount of experience, etc. etc..

And I apologize I probably should have worded that a little better. I do have an IS, and I hold up well with those stats and I do love that school very much. Ideally that would be my 'go to' for multiple reasons.. but if not accepted there I would choose CSU over any other acceptances, even though it is much farther and pricier for me to go that route than to take an acceptance at one of the vet schools in several states closer to me. I went to Colorado a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED it; hard to explain, but I have a 'pull' to be there. And from what I've been able to research of the school and prior students statements, it looks like a school I would enjoy with a solid program. Sorry, my wording wasn't very clear on that.

Thank you for the response, I knew there was a large amount of applicants and people need to be weeded out. I just wasn't sure if there was also a common theme among some of them [need more large animal, more extracurriculars, exposure to exotics, etc.]. I had looked at their previous class stats and I stand right there among those numbers, so I felt like I atleast stood a chance applying and giving it a try, but then I saw all the rejections of students with 3.8-3.9 GPA, a good amount of experience, etc. etc..

And I apologize I probably should have worded that a little better. I do have an IS, and I hold up well with those stats and I do love that school very much. Ideally that would be my 'go to' for multiple reasons.. but if not accepted there I would choose CSU over any other acceptances, even though it is much farther and pricier for me to go that route than to take an acceptance at one of the vet schools in several states closer to me. I went to Colorado a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED it; hard to explain, but I have a 'pull' to be there. And from what I've been able to research of the school and prior students statements, it looks like a school I would enjoy with a solid program. Sorry, my wording wasn't very clear on that.
OK cool because I was going to strongly discourage you from CSU as first choice over an IS per the tuition difference. I think part of it too those high that were rejected maybe their personal statement and lors didn't align with CSU's values as much as others, but I think for the most part it's just a numbers game. Good luck!

Last edited:
OK cool because I was going to strongly discourage you from CSU as first choice over an IS per the tuition difference. I think part of it too those high that were rejected maybe their personal statement and lors didn't align with chips values as much as others, but I think for the most part it's just a numbers game. Good luck!

Thank you, all I can do at this point is cross my fingers!

Hey Guys,

Who else is applying to Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine this year?

Hi all!

I am a non-traditional, old student applying to CSU for the first time this year. I am really confused with everyone talking about the personal statement in the VMCAS application. Has that changed this year? Also can we use first person for all of the essay questions? I have been feeling pressure about writing them the right way. Any advice anyone can give me that is specifically catered to CSU, as this is the only school I am applying to.

Thanks!

Hi all!

I am a non-traditional, old student applying to CSU for the first time this year. I am really confused with everyone talking about the personal statement in the VMCAS application. Has that changed this year? Also can we use first person for all of the essay questions? I have been feeling pressure about writing them the right way. Any advice anyone can give me that is specifically catered to CSU, as this is the only school I am applying to.

Thanks!
Hi, I'm another non-traditional student applying this year! The personal statement has changed this year, where VMCAS asks 3 separate essay questions (1,000 characters each) instead of the regular personal statement. You can find the questions under Personal Information if you scroll towards the bottom. I believe they're under "Other information." :) For the personal essay questions, I'd say use first person! (for both personal essays and CSU's short questions). I did!

I can't help you with the what they look for exactly, but if you have seen the acceptance stats you start to piece together the numerous rejections. Last cycle I heard there were over 2000 applicants for CSU alone so the rejections definitely out number the acceptances. Sheer numbers says you could have been the perfect applicant and been rejected. Ex: If I give you 2000 applications and I take those same 2000 applications and we both have to pick 150 you and I are probably going to pick different people although some we will agree on. Then throw in the third person and which ever applications we all agree on are the ones that get to go to CSU. Check out their website they have a mission statement persay of the type of veterinarians they want as well as average accepted stats for C/O 2020. Application is 50% how you look on your VMCAS and supplemental and 50% on your MMI performance.

Hope this helps!

Hi all!

Thanks!
Pancakes4dogs is correct in everything they said. As to address to specifically cater to CSU in my old post quoted above are great resources to show you exactly what CSU admission committee values etc (use the Understanding the DVM Entrance Evaluation Process) there is a link on that page which I think help you with that question.

Hello,

When does CSU send out interview notices/ rejection letters ?
I am thinking about applying to Sydney but would only go if I don't get into Davis or Co

Hello,

When does CSU send out interview notices/ rejection letters ?
I am thinking about applying to Sydney but would only go if I don't get into Davis or Co
Last year applicants were notified towards the end of December around the 20th if I remember correctly. However if your GPA is below a 3.4 I believe they do preliminary reviews and rejection from that go out sooner I believe.

Last year applicants were notified towards the end of December around the 20th if I remember correctly. However if your GPA is below a 3.4 I believe they do preliminary reviews and rejection from that go out sooner I believe.
Thank you :)

Hey guys!! Just to be sure. If my VMCAS application says "verified" beside every school I applied to, that means I finished with the application, right?

Hey guys!! Just to be sure. If my VMCAS application says "verified" beside every school I applied to, that means I finished with the application, right?
Yes. Now all you can do is edit personal information contact, add new experiences and awards, and I think request new lots of necessary.