CSU Chicago State University College of Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sampharmd2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone just got accepted to CSU class of 2021 please post so we can get to know each other, everyone is welcome to share apartment ideas, or any helpful information!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone just got accepted to CSU class of 2021 please post so we can get to know each other, everyone is welcome to share apartment ideas, or any helpful information!!
Congratulations on the acceptance. I plan on attending in the fall as well. I've been strictly looking for apartments in the Hyde Park area as most of the students suggested, have you ventured out any?

Thank you!! Congratulations on the acceptance!! I have been in Hyde park as well it seems to be the nicest and closest area to CSU no I have not ventured any I plan on looking into the Del Prada apartments they are the cleanest but the bad part is that it's a little more expensive than others

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I seen them, they do look nice! Are you planning on signing a lease fairly early or do you think there will still be options for August come July?

I am going to sign a lease in June so I can be a resident by the spring semester since I am coming from out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's smart, I'm coming from out of state as well. I have seen some condos for rent for fairly good prices right around the Hyde Park area as well.

Really!! please let me know when you are going to look at them or any information about them

Hi I have a interview scheduled next week.This is the only thread I see.Any advice?

It was a laid back interview process, there wasn't any moments when I felt like I was put on the spot. The 30 minute actual interview wasn't too bad itself, I felt comfortable throughout and they asked generic questions. Questions were situational asking about previous experiences and what you learned from them and of course "Why pharmacy?" and the "Why CSU?" questions. Don't worry so much about telling them what you think they want to hear, just show them what kind of person you are and why you're a good fit for the school.

I got accepted! do we have a Facebook group ?

Is there a facebook page for c/o of 2021? I look forward to meeting you guys next week at orientation. Was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate? PM or add me on facebook Toan Nguyen ([email protected]).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interested in applying to this school. Can you please tell me about ur stats including overall GPA, science & math GPA, and PCAT score. Thank you

Hi upcoming P3s! How has your experience been at CSU-COP? Pros and Cons?

Last edited:
I'm interested in applying to this school. Can you please tell me about ur stats including overall GPA, science & math GPA, and PCAT score. Thank you
Apply! Apply! Apply! Relax and be confident. Apply to other schools in the area too if you are local, there are 5 schools or so in Chicagoland. Lots of school are trying to fill the seats. Do your research on these schools before making a decision. CSU has a low enrollment at the moment.

Apply! Apply! Apply! Relax and be confident. Apply to other schools in the area too if you are local, there are 5 schools or so in Chicagoland. Lots of school are trying to fill the seats. Do your research on these schools before making a decision. CSU has a low enrollment at the moment.
this should be a red flag for you - "there are lots of schools trying to fill their seats" - ask yourself why can't they fill their seats?

Reactions: 1 users
“CSU has low enrollment” Did you see their first time Naplex pass rate? I hope their enrollment isn’t as low as that...

Guys,

has any of you looked into the current 2019 job opportunities before applying? let me know what you find out there because as a pharmacist for some time now, i am concerned about the placement rate after graduation. thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
this should be a red flag for you - "there are lots of schools trying to fill their seats" - ask yourself why can't they fill their seats?

Funny thing is , at their age I WOULD have gotten the message and bailed into another field ASAP. I started when the field was booming and salaries were high, jobs were abundant.....etc. These newer applicants have every chance in the world to do their research and bail, but many just stay and do it anyway. That tells you the talent pool we will have coming in, i see it already, they will never make it in retail for sure....they all assume the will go clinical and "i will never do retail" is the motto......well get ready for a reality check youngsters....if there is anything left by 2023----2025 OMG...i cant imagine what thats gonna look like...no scare tactics here....If my position still exists YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!

hey class of 2021 I just got my staff hours cut and probably cant manage my pharmacy anymore. That means guys and gals like you were let go or cut short all over the country today! cant wait to see what class of 2022 gets left with....lol

hey class of 2021 I just got my staff hours cut and probably cant manage my pharmacy anymore. That means guys and gals like you were let go or cut short all over the country today! cant wait to see what class of 2022 gets left with....lol

Don't worry, when they come out they will all be $150k in student debt and willing to take retail jobs at $35 an hour just to pay the minimum payment on their student loans for the next 30 years.

I'm for real. If you are on the fence, you need to turn back now.

Csu is the worst college of pharmacy in nation! 50% won't even pass Naples at this garbage school