C's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets hear about those c's on your transcripts.

Me:

Physics II
Abstract Mathematics (pending) the prof said he thinks my proof style is lazy:( :(

Members don't see this ad.

None yet, but they'll be coming over for Christmas.
Although no C's, I did have a D and F back in the day. Both were one hour seminar courses that I stopped attending during my 3rd semester in '99. Didn't know what I wanted to do with my life back then. Dropped out after the semester was over.

I have too many to recall...

Introduction to Archaeology (I loved this class, but underestimated the importance of taking notes in lecture haha)

Calc 1 & 2. (Who knew discussion section was 1/4 of my grade?? You would think I learned my lesson next semester haha.)

Biochem 100 (went from an A- to C after failing the final. Tho I was in no condition to take the test but the prof was going out of the town or some crap like that so he wouldn't let me take it on another day. So I basically tried to take a test while drowsy from medicine - stomach flu)

Biochem 110 (Hey I was a senior. Cut me some slack!)

I think that was it.

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost all my basic and intro courses. ****.

I'm an upside down pyramid builder.. or maybe it just takes me a little longer to get into the swing of things. But right now I'm happy. The only person beating me in one of my classes is the medical doctor from China getting her PhD.

C in Asian philosophies - I thought it was going to be an easier class because I'd aced my other philosophies with this prof.

C in Orgo I. I was young.

Probability and Statistics for Computer and Electrical Engineers. I didn't really anticipate having to use multivariable calculus ever again so that, combined with a new relationship....sort of killed things for me. :)

~AS1~

does any one have "grade forgivness" in their school? I'm probably gonna get a C in my ****ing beast ass****ing ecology class and that will probably be an option for me if I knew what "grade forgivness" was.

C+ Gen Chem I (1st semester as a freshman and they let me take 22 semester hours for some stupid reason)

C+ Hist386/PoliSci386 (taught by the former ambassador to Sri Lanka who expected us to already know lots of South Asian places/players/incidents; great class, but I had too much catch-up to do while studying for MCATs)

-X

C in Intro Philosophy: I screwed up the very first paper I ever wrote in college (bad sources), but kicked ass the rest of the semester (A on midterm, A on second paper, and B+ on final). The d*ckhead gave me a C. When I asked him about it, he said that was the way the curve fell. I even went to the dean and there was so much bureaucratic bullcrap that I eventually gave up fighting the grade.

C+ in my Orgo I Lab: It was at 8:15 in the morning and my attendance was less than perfect

C in physics I
C in intro to art (easy class just didn't put in any effort)
C in Bio 1
C in Chem 1
D in Calc 1

and I'm only in my third semester.... I might have to retake them over the summer to raise my GPA...

C in gen chem I and II
C in orgo I and II (retook after i graduated and made As)
C in analytical chem
C in population ecology

currently an MS1 :D

C+ Bio I
C+ Bio II
C Calc II

All from freshman year. As much as I thought they'd be the end of the world, they weren't. And I'm about as ORM as they get.

Stay positive! Some adcoms do have a heart :D

C's
gen chem 1 ( i know im a idiot!)
math..i think it was pre calc (freshman yr)
psychology ( again follies of a freshman)
intro bio ( im a bio major! hello!?!??)

man with 4c's my gpa is dying ......how come ya'll have like 3.5s?
ill be graduating with 143 redits and if i get As from now on ( im a hr) ill have around a 3.6. thats saying if i get striaght As!!!

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING WITH A C in precal, intro psych and intro bio!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
OH my gosh where do i start....

C calc II
C Organic II
C+ Biochem
C+ Cell Bio
C+ Biochem Lab
C Intro Chem Lab II
D+ Practical Composition (english)
C- Intro to Personality Theory

But the most important fact...
FUTURE MS1~!!

i think thats it... i retook most them and got A's or B's. Great thing some adcoms are forgiving. I had a tough time adjusting to college.

Originally posted by exmike
OH my gosh where do i start....

C calc II
C Organic II
C+ Biochem
C+ Cell Bio
C+ Biochem Lab
C Intro Chem Lab II
D+ Practical Composition (english)
C- Intro to Personality Theory

But the most important fact...
FUTURE MS1~!!

i think thats it... i retook most them and got A's or B's. Great thing some adcoms are forgiving. I had a tough time adjusting to college.

Should I retake if I make a C in this course?

It pisses me off because I feel like I deserve at least a B in this course. it's not even that I do the proofs wrong, its that I tend to follow the book more than the instructor and the instructor dislikes the books proof style. I just dont understand how I can be penalized for doing what the course text tells me to do:(

C in English comp - teacher was a total bisnatch.

C in Orgo 2 & 3 (my school is on the trimester system; I got a B in Orgo 1).

Those are my only C's, everything else is A's and B's (all A's outside the sciences--I sort of wish it was the other way around, but oh well). :rolleyes: I didn't retake them; I was glad when the class was over and figured, why bother? I'm not going to get much more out of it, and there are so many other classes I could/should spend that time taking. I'm probably going to take biochem next term and work my butt off to get an A to help offset those o-chem C's.

C+ Orgo I (missed B by 3 points)
D Orgo II

Might get a C+ in Learning & Memory. Attending lecture more than once every two weeks might help.

Retaking Orgo II in the Spring.

Overall GPA is still ~ 3.4 though.

Brothers and sisters, if I get into med school it will truly be the redemptive power of a changed life. First 3 years gpa: 2.7. F's, D's, C's, W's. Last three years including grad school: 3.7, nothing lower than B, still a couple W's.

I'm telling you, if I get in, anyone can get in with hard work.

Factors in my favor: 35S MCAT. I have ADD, didn't know back in university. Still got good grades in grad school.

We'll see.

Jess

You sound exactly like me, w/o the ADD. best of luck.

Originally posted by jesswise
Brothers and sisters, if I get into med school it will truly be the redemptive power of a changed life. First 3 years gpa: 2.7. F's, D's, C's, W's. Last three years including grad school: 3.7, nothing lower than B, still a couple W's.

I'm telling you, if I get in, anyone can get in with hard work.

Factors in my favor: 35S MCAT. I have ADD, didn't know back in university. Still got good grades in grad school.

We'll see.

Jess

C+ in chemical communications... even though i had in A in my discussion

exams were all long essays... don't think the prof liked my style of writing

Art Appreciation :p :p

General chem at community college :mad: and a psych class at UCLA :eek: That's it :laugh:!

C in orgo 2
C in cell bio
C+ in philosophy:metaphysics
C+ in psych: perception

All in 2nd semester sophomore year and 1st semester junior year. Bad thing is there's nothing in my life I can determine that caused it.

Originally posted by Mistress S
C in Orgo 2 & 3 (my school is on the trimester system; I got a B in Orgo 1).

Those are my only C's, everything else is A's and B's (all A's outside the sciences--I sort of wish it was the other way around, but oh well). :rolleyes: I didn't retake them; I was glad when the class was over and figured, why bother? I'm not going to get much more out of it, and there are so many other classes I could/should spend that time taking. I'm probably going to take biochem next term and work my butt off to get an A to help offset those o-chem C's.

BIOchem is only offered 3rd term...well the 490 series is a full year but 350 is spring and summer. Mistress, who'd you have for organic?

here's my ****ty ass story:

c- in chem I
d+ in the lab
C in A+P I
C in intro genetics

but I'll still get into med school...

Originally posted by indo
BIOchem is only offered 3rd term...well the 490 series is a full year but 350 is spring and summer. Mistress, who'd you have for organic?

here's my ****ty ass story:

c- in chem I
d+ in the lab
C in A+P I
C in intro genetics

but I'll still get into med school...

Did u have to make up ur C- or D+ ?

Hey indo, you're right--I meant to say spring term I'm going to take biochem (350). I was planning to be outta here by then, but if I'm retaking the MCAT in April then I think I'm going to put off my thesis a bit and graduate by June. I had Wamser for o-chem, he's on sabbatical now I believe. He was a decent prof, I can't blame the C's on him. Did you have Newman for genetics? I liked him, but the final that was worth half the class grade smacked me down from a strong A to a B+ real fast. :(

Before being accepted to medical school:

C in General Chemistry I (My professor was a Nazi :eek: )

After being accepted to medical school:
C- in Physical Chemistry I (Same professor as Gen. Chem+pissed+)

C- in Calculus and Analytic Geometry I (I'm a Math ****** :D )

C in Physical Chemistry Lab I (Same damn Gen. Chem professor again :mad: )

C- in Calculus and Analytic Geometry II (Further proof of my mathematical ******ation :cool: )

C in Quantitative Analysis Lecture/Lab (Accuracy was never my strong point in chemistry :rolleyes: )

D, F, and W never made their presence known on my academic transcript

Well, I'm applying to a postbacc program now so this was all a while ago.

C+ in Electricity and Magnetism. Why oh why did I take Engineering physics?? I did get an A in the lab though! :confused:

C+ in Orgo I. This was the reason I decided to drop pre-med back then. In retrospect it was a decent grade considering how little I studied. I went in with a defeated attitude from day one. :(

C in second semester of a Political Philosophy class. Man those books were boring!

Originally posted by InfiniteUni
Before being accepted to medical school:

C in General Chemistry I (My professor was a Nazi :eek: )

After being accepted to medical school:
C- in Physical Chemistry I (Same professor as Gen. Chem+pissed+)

C- in Calculus and Analytic Geometry I (I'm a Math ****** :D )

C in Physical Chemistry Lab I (Same damn Gen. Chem professor again :mad: )

C- in Calculus and Analytic Geometry II (Further proof of my mathematical ******ation :cool: )

C in Quantitative Analysis Lecture/Lab (Accuracy was never my strong point in chemistry :rolleyes: )

D, F, and W never made their presence known on my academic transcript

whoa! :eek: did you get any crap from the schools that accepted you for your grades after acceptance?

before i post all my C's, (thats my whole transcript), where are all the engineers?

my c's? they're coming all wrapped up in a bow after this ****ty ****ty quarter
ugh
:(

Originally posted by toomuch
I'm an engineer and have plenty o' C's. ChemE for Bachelor's and Biomed eng grad student.

yeah i am working on arranging my transcript so that my A, (note just one) will stand out . ChemE here too, and i was also thinking biomed for grad but i decided MCAT is way easier than GRE...

C+ in Orgo I (the amount of reactions took me by surprise).
Retook it and got an A

Bunch of Ws in my early years...I was young and clueless. :)

C in cell/molec bio (popularly known as the hardest class at my school... plus i was young and just not on point) i regret this one.

C in econ 101. (terrible teacher... moto was "less learning, more torture... made each of the 4 girls in the class cry... also made at least 2 guys cry... really unbelievable horrible person) i do not regret this one. i should have dropped his stupid class and filed a complaint about his evilness.

ChemE is freakin' hardest major in college probably.

I was a MechE:

C, Statics (wtf!)
C, Machine Design
C, Machine Design II (i do fluid mechanics at boeing, not structures, so no need to fear the planes you ride on :) )

C, Project Engineering

C in anthro 1(first semester of college)
C+ in Bio 1B(sophmore year)
C- in Bio 1A(sophmore year)
B- in Physics 8A( Sophmore year)

Got straight A's in most of my other classes. I just had a really bad sophmore year (too much partying and laziness) which is gonna be hard to explain.

Yeah got two of the three C's sophomore year too! I think there's definitely a slump phenomenon going on then.

2 of mine were during my sophmore year also...1 each semester for the same class. that year was definitely my worst :mad:

I like posting my failures. Because, really, what does it matter now?

:)

C-Chem II (the final was pure and utter evil. I think I just picked b for the last 20 questions)

C-Chem II lab; missed one class and got a 0 for that day. Could never recover, even though I would have had an A. Sigh

C-Orgo I (see Orgo SUCKS)

C-Orgo II (see above)

C-Physics II (god, did i hate all that electromagnetism, currents, blah blah blah)

My science GPA blows (3.0) but somehow I managed to get accepted...

;)

Originally posted by Elysium
I like posting my failures. Because, really, what does it matter now?

:)

C-Chem II (the final was pure and utter evil. I think I just picked b for the last 20 questions)

C-Chem II lab; missed one class and got a 0 for that day. Could never recover, even though I would have had an A. Sigh

C-Orgo I (see Orgo SUCKS)

C-Orgo II (see above)

C-Physics II (god, did i hate all that electromagnetism, currents, blah blah blah)

;)

Thats awesome:clap: :clap:

Where were u accepted?

Originally posted by Elysium

Yeah, but you got accepted to DO school. Everyone knows they are all subpar students!

Forget C's, let's talk about W's baby! Can anyone match the 17 that I have on my transcripts? WOOOOHOOOOOO! I never thought I would be such a slacker as I was in undergrad until I got to med school.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I just want to thank everyone for posting this stuff. I'm about to get Bs in Chem and Physics, and I got a B+ and B- in Bio 1 and 2, and I've been a wreck for weeks thinking that a 3.0 science GPA would keep me out of med school forever.

Thanks for renewing my hope, everyone--I'm off to cram like hell for my physics exam so I can keep my stupid B!

C ==> Clinical Hematology (only the second bio class I had EVER taken, even before Gen Bio II; plus the prof was a jerk)

C ==> Histology (took it the same semester as Calc I and Orgo II, yeach!)

Keep up the fight, my friends.

Freshman Year:
Physics I: C+ (took a calculus based physics course without takin calc II)
Calc I: C+ (professor was french and couldnt speak english...taught in french)
Calc I practicum: C+ (couldnt do the hard engineering problems!)
Calc II: C (professor was too old and feeble, i thought he was teaching at 80 years old!)

GPA still at 3.43