criminal background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

new3wad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am from Egypt, and I came to the US three and a half years ago when I was 18. I got accepted to WSU, and I did my background check application on pharmCAS with Certiphi screenings. I received this email from certiphi:

"We are conducting the background screening for Egypt. I am contacting you today because any student that has lived overseas, AACP requests that the student conduct the criminal police clearance on their own. Below are the instructions for completing the criminal clearance for Egypt. Once you receive this clearance please fax that into us at 888-495-8476 with your case # 4377552. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at the phone number provided in the signature below."

Does this make sense? Why wouldn't certiphi conduct the police clearance themselves? plus, I was 18 when I entered the US, I never went out of the states, and I am a permanent resident. I honestly think that this happened because I inserted my address in Egypt. Did this happen with any of before? or is it only me?

Members don't see this ad.

Just call them and Re-do it with correct addresses.

Reactions: 1 user