Crest Whitestrips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.SpongeBobDDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dentist just put together a $10,000 treatment plan for me, but I think I want to give Crest Whitestrips a try before spending all that money. What do you all think?

Kiss%20me.jpg

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Puke, thanks for posting that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.SpongeBobDDS said:
My dentist just put together a $10,000 treatment plan for me, but I think I want to give Crest Whitestrips a try before spending all that money. What do you all think?
Crest Whitestrips are less effective when the front teeth are crooked (the strips have trouble contacting all parts of the tooth). It's hard to tell for sure from the very limited photo you posted, but I get the impression that you may have a few nooks and crannies to get at. In that case I recommend a paint-on whitener like Crest Night Effects for best results.

ToothMonkey said:
Crest Whitestrips are less effective when the front teeth are crooked (the strips have trouble contacting all parts of the tooth). It's hard to tell for sure from the very limited photo you posted, but I get the impression that you may have a few nooks and crannies to get at. In that case I recommend a paint-on whitener like Crest Night Effects for best results.

LOL.............

Is that dueling banjos' I hear playing in the background? Open wide...and "squeal, squeal like a pig!"

We had a mouth damn near like that in our diagnosis clinic today. YUCK! :eek:

The really scary thing is that my 3rd patient this AM mouth was about 80% of that picture :eek: :eek: :scared: The big difference is that atleast for the next week, my patient still has her centrals and laterals. On the plus side though, atleast she was early enough in my moring schedule that I had time to get my appetite back before going to lunch :rolleyes: :D

Now this picture, unlike that maggot-incisors picture from last week (I still feel like I'm gonna puke) doesn't bother me. I mean this mouth is horrific looking, but after having the patient swish with some Listerine, I'd bust out the anesthetic and get to work getting those decay infested stumps out

How would you treatment plan this guy? Do you have to attempt to take diagnostic casts since it does look like he has some contact between the upper canine and lower premolars on the right so he still has some evidence of VDO? Or are the teeth going to self extract with the alginate? My gut reaction is to get those teeth out (after we go through his medical history and get that figured out), let him heal for a week and then take some alginates and make him some interims. It doesn't seem like esthetics is a big concern for the patient. Would he really miss not having the teeth-like structures in his mouth anymore for a few days till he gets the shiny new interims?

griffin04 said:
It doesn't seem like esthetics is a big concern for the patient. Would he really miss not having the teeth-like structures in his mouth anymore for a few days till he gets the shiny new interims?

"Teeth-like structures".... LOL! :D