CPJE Scores/Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr0212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a CPJE Score/Results thread as I'm anxiously waiting for my results--Please post when you took your test and if you've heard back from the board. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took mine on August 1st, still haven't heard back. Lately, been checking the mail with all the fervor of a meth addict.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm reciprocating my license from another state and took the CPJE on 7/29. Haven't heard back yet, but today I got a letter from the board stating that I passed the NAPLEX (six years ago...thanks for that, board of pharmacy). I'm hoping this means a CPJE letter is coming soon too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm reciprocating my license from another state and took the CPJE on 7/29. Haven't heard back yet, but today I got a letter from the board stating that I passed the NAPLEX (six years ago...thanks for that, board of pharmacy). I'm hoping this means a CPJE letter is coming soon too!
Oh, just wonder how u were capable to tale cpje on July because nobody is able to schedule the test date on July. Anyways, same here waiting for score took on August 6th, what a TORTure!

Oh, just wonder how u were capable to tale cpje on July because nobody is able to schedule the test date on July. Anyways, same here waiting for score took on August 6th, what a TORTure!

They actually did open up July dates a little later.

Yeah, I got the ATT letter from the board on July 27th, and at that point they had opened up the rest of July. I think I could have taken it any time the last week in July.

Thanks, I see! Maybe I checked it too early and didn't see any open dates on July so I scheduled on August. Didn't know that they opened up some test dates near the end of the July.

anyone that took the new CPJE, is it a lot different than the given blueprint?? Someone in another thread say they had 70 ish hospital operations questions when it is 20 ish according to the blueprint.

reply appreciated!

Well, i had about 15-20 questions for hospital policies and pharmacy regulations. But don't rely on me. There are different test versions I believe so should be different for every individual. Hope it helped! Good luck!

anyone know a good resource in order to study for the new CPJE? I have the rxprep Naplex/CPJE books, but unsure it is enough for the new law stuff

Question for you: I am also a licensed pharmacist in another state (>4 years) and am in the process of applying to California for licensure. When and how did you go about transferring your naplex score? Did you have to pay the $185 fee for NABP to reciprocate your license (naplex score)?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for you: I am also a licensed pharmacist in another state (>4 years) and am in the process of applying to California for licensure. When and how did you go about transferring your naplex score? Did you have to pay the $185 fee for NABP to reciprocate your license (naplex score)?
Thanks

You have to do the license transfer through NABP (and pay the fee), and send the forms to the CA board with the rest of your application. Not easy to figure out though- I had to call both NABP and the CA board to get a straight answer!

You have to do the license transfer through NABP (and pay the fee), and send the forms to the CA board with the rest of your application. Not easy to figure out though- I had to call both NABP and the CA board to get a straight answer!

Thanks for the information! Yeah from all the information online at the CA board's site it wasn't really clear. Does the board advise you to wait and send in your application when you have the transfer form from NABP or can you send them in separate?

Thanks again!

I didn't specifically ask that question, but I sent it all in at once. Less chance of something getting lost in the mail, and your application isn't complete until it all gets there anyway, so there's no advantage to sending something in earlier.

I didn't specifically ask that question, but I sent it all in at once. Less chance of something getting lost in the mail, and your application isn't complete until it all gets there anyway, so there's no advantage to sending something in earlier.
Gotcha, thanks for the information. My thought was I have everything else ready to send in, so I might as well go ahead and have them process my application in order to set up a CPJE date sooner.

Just a heads up to everyone who is anxiously awaiting CPJE scores like me, I emailed the board on Monday and got the same reply as someone earlier did:

They said they had no updates about CPJE scores and that standard processing time is 45 days after the exam.

So basically it's looking like you won't get your score until like a month and a half after you took it? Wonderful. Just wonderful. I hate this state with a burning passion.

Just a heads up to everyone who is anxiously awaiting CPJE scores like me, I emailed the board on Monday and got the same reply as someone earlier did:

They said they had no updates about CPJE scores and that standard processing time is 45 days after the exam.

That... Sadly does nothing to quell my anxiety :scared:

Thanks beetlegeese. So now I don't have to check mail everyday... Ease it up for 1 or 2 more weeks in process!

Last edited:

hm, did they say 45 business days or is weekend included? Lol

I took my CPJE today. It was very very hard. Brand name drugs: beyond top 300 drugs and no idea even thou I got 112 on naplex, I don't think I am able to pass CPJE. I am so depressed . Do u guys think I will receive my result same time as you or I have to wait for 45 days:(

I took my CPJE today. It was very very hard. Brand name drugs: beyond top 300 drugs and no idea even thou I got 112 on naplex, I don't think I am able to pass CPJE. I am so depressed . Do u guys think I will receive my result same time as you or I have to wait for 45 days:(

Yup, took mine today as well and had many ?s requiring knowledge of the top 300+ drugs. Came out of the NAPLEX feeling confident but for the CPJE, I have a feeling I didn't pass ~.~

Still waiting, took it at the beginning of Aug. I hope it doesn't take the full 45 days =/

I took mine on Aug 12th and am still waiting. I had a lot of law questions on mine and it felt ridiculous as they came one right after another. There must've been 15 law questions, while I had the impression that there would be no more than 8..
The more I think about it, the more I realize I need some benzos on hand.

I took mine on Aug 12th and am still waiting. I had a lot of law questions on mine and it felt ridiculous as they came one right after another. There must've been 15 law questions, while I had the impression that there would be no more than 8..
The more I think about it, the more I realize I need some benzos on hand.

glad i'm not the only one who got some 15 law questions... but i don't know if this is good or bad. =/

Last edited:
I'm starting to believe it will be 45 days or more...based on what was posted in another thread with them sending the results in batches after the month is over. My guess is those people who took their exam in August will receive their results the week of the 12th at the earliest, potentially the week after. This means for people who took it in the earliest part of the month they will be waiting approximately 45 days. I know that it has already been more than a month for me, today marking 31 days.

someone told me that there could be a trick... If you log into your PSI account ~20 days after your exam day, then see if it lets you register to retake the exam. If you can register, that means you failed.... because if you passed, there's no need to retake. Would someone check it out and see?

someone told me that there could be a trick... If you log into your PSI account ~20 days after your exam day, then see if it lets you register to retake the exam. If you can register, that means you failed.... because if you passed, there's no need to retake. Would someone check it out and see?

I have a retest button the first hour after I finished the test, lol

I am well past the 20 day mark now. But then again, the naplex orange button trick was debunked so I don't know that it would mean a whole lot. Ugh, this waiting is awful! And my heart jumps every time I see this thread update!

I have a retest button but it says: "None of the portions of the test can be registered for the candidate" when I try to register. I don't know if this is because I passed or because I need approval from the board of pharmacy to take it again.

I have a retest button but it says: "None of the portions of the test can be registered for the candidate" when I try to register. I don't know if this is because I passed or because I need approval from the board of pharmacy to take it again.

very likely that you passed! keep us updated....

edit: nevermind. lol... i have the same message when I try to register.

very likely that you passed! keep us updated....

edit: nevermind. lol... i have the same message when I try to register.

I was so happy and then I read back on other threads. :( I'm pretty sure it's because you need board approval to retake it. I also thought about doing the duplicate score thing but turns out they approve you for it even if you don't pass.

I called today; receptionist said she had no updates, but that we should email (or call?) back if we hear nothing after 60 days.

60 days???? I don't see any quality assurance assessment notice or posting on the BOP's website. Handbook says results in about 30 days... How many applicants are there anyway? And how long does it take to print the results from a computer? Then copy/paste names?

60 days???? I don't see any quality assurance assessment notice or posting on the BOP's website. Handbook says results in about 30 days... How many applicants are there anyway? And how long does it take to print the results from a computer? Then copy/paste names?
Yeah, I don't think there is a QA. They said we should get it in 45 days (that's their target), but that we should email/call them if we hear nothing by day 60.

CA BOP has some major issues going on here--other states release scores w/in 3-4 days or so and CA is pushing a month plus...absolutely ridiculous!!! I don't get it.

CA BOP has some major issues going on here--other states release scores w/in 3-4 days or so and CA is pushing a month plus...absolutely ridiculous!!! I don't get it.

totally. There's really no reason for such long delays. NAPLEX and CPJE are computerized exams.... They're treating these exams as if they were hand-written exams of the 1990s and prior.

NABP releases NAPLEX scores in about 3 days... there's absolutely no reason why CA BOP prevents NABP from releasing the scores ONLINE to us.

totally. There's really no reason for such long delays. NAPLEX and CPJE are computerized exams.... They're treating these exams as if they were hand-written exams of the 1990s and prior.

NABP releases NAPLEX scores in about 3 days... there's absolutely no reason why CA BOP prevents NABP from releasing the scores ONLINE to us.

So I also called earlier today since I haven't received my naplex score results. I took mine 8/19 and they are telling me 30 days and can be up to 60 days for naplex. 30 to 45 days for cpje. I also asked her if there was a qa period and she did confirm to me that they are not having one this year. We just have to wait patiently and hope we all pass.

Lol, 60 days for NAPLEX? I am just wondering what are they doing with it. I mean it's not like they are doing anything to change NAPLEX score...NABP already gave them a score.
I took NAPLEX on 8/13, still no result.
I think we should call and find out if they mean "Business" days every time they say days. because 60 day would turn into 3 months if it's actually business days.

So I also called earlier today since I haven't received my naplex score results. I took mine 8/19 and they are telling me 30 days and can be up to 60 days for naplex. 30 to 45 days for cpje. I also asked her if there was a qa period and she did confirm to me that they are not having one this year. We just have to wait patiently and hope we all pass.

up to 60 days for the NAPLEX? wow... did you ask the rep why CA BOP wouldn't allow NABP to post the scores online? lol

BTW, the last batch of NAPLEX scores was mailed out on the 12th of August. That's for the folks who took it in mid-July to early August. That's when I got my score.

Lol, 60 days for NAPLEX? I am just wondering what are they doing with it. I mean it's not like they are doing anything to change NAPLEX score...NABP already gave them a score.
I took NAPLEX on 8/13, still no result.
I think we should call and find out if they mean "Business" days every time they say days. because 60 day would turn into 3 months if it's actually business days.

60 days... let's do a fun estimate. Assume $55/hour salary for new pharmacist. 40 hours/week. 4 weeks/month... you're looking at $8,800/month in potential salary. Times that by 2 months... that's $17,600! Retail RPh makes more than this... so all the wasted time, money, productivity.... huge huge waste.