CPJE requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_windwaker

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m going to pharmacy school in IL but am planning on taking the CPJE even if I end up not living there. I’d like to maintain a license there to keep my options open. That being said, I am not even an intern in Cali but have about a year until graduation and the Naplex and would like to know if there is anything I can do to prepare right now... like registration, if I need to become an intern first, fingerprinting, etc. I’ve got a couple of weeks free and would like to get any paper work done soon so I don’t have to worry about it on rotation.

Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You don’t need an intern license in order to apply for pharmacist license in CA. It’s a little early to be preparing the paperwork since you have a year left. I would submit everything including fingerprinting a couple of months before your graduation date, and request your final transcript to be sent to CA BOP when it becomes available.

Also, CA requires a verification of any out of state valid intern or tech licenses you hold along with your application. Usually that means you need a signed form from your state’s board of pharmacy. I went to school in GA and got a signed form by going in person to the state BOP office, so check with your state’s board to find out the process with them.

Good luck!