CPJE for Latest Batch (Late August-September 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almostthere18

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thought I'd start this new and much-needed post!

I was wondering if those of you who have taken the CPJE for this new batch could share your experience as you go. Did you feel rushed on time? I have heard that the July exam was a difficult one and wanted to know what you thought about this exam in terms of difficulty as well. Would you say that covering all the main chapters including ID, Pain, Osteo, HIV, HTN, DM, HLD, BPH, Sterile compounding, HD and more importantly, the brand and generics is sufficient for the clinical portion?

Lastly any recommendations on the best way to study for brand/generic? Perhaps simply going through every bolded drug name in the RxPrep book or finding a reliable quizlet deck online?

Thank you! And good luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If i'm taking the test tomorrow (9/29) will I be included in the predate or do I have to wait for the next one? Does anyone know? Haha... that would really suck if I am 1 day out of the predate...

Not really sure. If it helps, I took my exam the 28th and got the 9/29 predate. I thought I was going to be stuck in the next batch too.

Not really sure. If it helps, I took my exam the 28th and got the 9/29 predate. I thought I was going to be stuck in the next batch too.

Wow, you're so lucky to have taken it on the 28th! I don't have that predate on mine, so I assume I'm in the next batch... sigh 2 months of waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
according to the facebook rxprep cpje group, ppl in sacramento have been receiving their results. good luck everyone

I just got my mail today and i passed!!! Good luck everyone. I thought i did horrible and yet I passed so please don’t worry too much okies guys

Reactions: 3 users
Yay passed the CPJE!! They processed this batch super quickly! Looks like most people got their results today (norcal, socal and even some out of states)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know honestly. I am getting really scared and nervous too. Almost all the people that i know already got the passed letters. Most people said the board should send all the results of the same patch out at the same time. Then how fast each will arrive to individual address depending on geographic location. However, none of us are from the board so really not sure how it actually works. Just wonder whether they send out the result all the same time regardless when we took the exam?

This patch seems more people passed than last patch. We probably are fine. Just hang in there and stay positive

I believe that they send out all the results at the same whether its pass or fail. hopefully you will get the good news that you passed by tmrw or within the next few days!

I believe that they send out all the results at the same whether its pass or fail. hopefully you will get the good news that you passed by tmrw or within the next few days!
Thanks a lot. I hope i will receive the good news soon too. The waiting was hard...
Praying...I passed even the result comes a bit later than some other people

Last edited:
Hey guys! I took mine on the 6th and I got my results a couple days ago, I passed!! I posted on a thread about how I studied if that helps..! Good luck and you will be fine! :D

still waiting on mine. i live in So Cal and seems like most ppl got their result in LA and OC except me..wondering why i'm not getting my letter. I took cpje on 9/28 and mine says predate 9/29

Hey guys! I took mine on the 6th and I got my results a couple days ago, I passed!! I posted on a thread about how I studied if that helps..! Good luck and you will be fine! :D

Hi, im taking my cpje in a few days, could you help me by sharing how you prepared for the exam?

still waiting on mine. i live in So Cal and seems like most ppl got their result in LA and OC except me..wondering why i'm not getting my letter. I took cpje on 9/28 and mine says predate 9/29
I think people from So Cal and North cal also got the results back already. You might want to check with them.

I called CA BOP this morning and receptionist told me that they don't use predate as cutoff for batch. she told me to wait 45 to 60 days for my result.. i don't know what to do

I called CA BOP this morning and receptionist told me that they don't use predate as cutoff for batch. she told me to wait 45 to 60 days for my result.. i don't know what to do

I took mine on 9/27 and the pre-date on PSI says 9/29 and still am waiting on my results. I double checked to make sure the address was correct like someone said and it is. They kept saying 45-60 days. If it hasn't been that long yet then wait.
There's someone else who is licensed by the same name so I called to make sure there was no issues regarding that, and they (without looking) said no, just wait.

UGH!

I took mine on 9/27 and the pre-date on PSI says 9/29 and still am waiting on my results. I double checked to make sure the address was correct like someone said and it is. They kept saying 45-60 days. If it hasn't been that long yet then wait.
There's someone else who is licensed by the same name so I called to make sure there was no issues regarding that, and they (without looking) said no, just wait.

UGH!

I took mine the same day. Haven't gotten anything yet. I thought it was because I recently moved/live in the suburbs. I gave up checking the mail lol. Gave me too much anxiety. I've been told you get results ~4 weeks after your test date though. Then takes another two weeks to process your license application. I already deferred my student loans since I obviously won't be able to make the first payment. :arghh:

Hello. For those that have received their license. I want to ask a question. Where are you looking for jobs? Is there a good site or company to look at?

Hello. For those that have received their license. I want to ask a question. Where are you looking for jobs? Is there a good site or company to look at?
i would say indeed. however, 80-90% of job are already filled. So you best chance is just walk up to pharmacies and ask for the manager contact info or district leader

Honestly, everything is through connections. My school hosted a lot of job interviews with the major chain pharmacies for my class. My school also sends out job information on hiring pharmacies that contacted them. I just stuck with retail, working as a grad intern right now until I'm licensed. The majority of my class that worked in retail, stayed in retail unless they got a residency. There were very few in my class that worked in hospital and I think only two got hospital jobs without residency.

Safest bet is to ask your school or places you did your rotation at if they know/have any openings. You can also look for job openings and apply online through each companies' websites. I recommend getting the DM's or PIC's contact info to introduce yourself and to inform them you're interested in whatever position after you submitted an app.

I passed both naplex and cpje but not sure why I haven’t received licensure application. Does anyone know or relates to this? Please help. Thanks

I passed both naplex and cpje but not sure why I haven’t received licensure application. Does anyone know or relates to this? Please help. Thanks

If you received passing results for both exams via mail, you should have the application.

If you got Naplex results (via mail and not via CPE monitor) first, then CPJE green letter, pharmacist licensure application would've been included with the green letter.
If you received your CPJE results first, then the pharmacist license application would have come in with the Naplex results.

I passed my CPJE (passed NAPLEX years ago) and I still haven't received my licensure application either. It's been like 2.5 weeks since my results came in.

I passed my CPJE (passed NAPLEX years ago) and I still haven't received my licensure application either. It's been like 2.5 weeks since my results came in.

If you passed your Naplex years ago, then ca bop doesn't have that results probably. Since California is not your primary (otherwise you wouldn't be applying for licensure right?), you would need to retake Naplex for state of California (since it's passed the 90 days score transfer time since taking Naplex) or apply for license transfer.

I took mine the same day. Haven't gotten anything yet. I thought it was because I recently moved/live in the suburbs. I gave up checking the mail lol. Gave me too much anxiety. I've been told you get results ~4 weeks after your test date though. Then takes another two weeks to process your license application. I already deferred my student loans since I obviously won't be able to make the first payment. :arghh:

Did you ever get your results? Im still waiting!!!!

Did you ever get your results? Im still waiting!!!!

OMG I haven't!! I thought I was the only one and I'm sorta freaking out. My coworker took his exam exactly a week before me but he got his results well over a week ago so I thought I would have gotten mine last week. :/ Let's hope I get it this week. :l

Thanks a lot. I hope i will receive the good news soon too. The waiting was hard...
Praying...I passed even the result comes a bit later than some other people
How did you feel the exam was? Can you share tips of what you studied for CPJE or things to definitely study? My exam is coming up and I feel the panic setting in :(

Can someone tell me when is the predate of the latest batch of december ?because my friend wanted to take cpje and he didnt want to wait for 10 weeks plus for the results. Thanks

Hello, I just took the NAPLEX today (and not feeling so great about it :( )

I'm taking my CPJE in a week, thinking of delaying it to 2 weeks... I didn't feel that what I studied from RxPrep was as helpful. I have the RxPrep CPJE, Weissman, RxPrep.

I did find a CPJE quizlet with over 1200 drugs, I think it's quite a lot but probably safe for CPJE.

Good luck with all! I just received result in mail and passed with 85!
I have already given some comments above but if you have any other questions I'd be happy to share my experience!
I know this process is hectic but I think I have gotten some great advice from SDN so I want to help as much as I can : ))

What did you do to prepare yourself for the CPJE exam ? (beside brand and generic )
topic, focus etc..